We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insider news about direct flights from BOS to STT?

3 posts
Save Topic
Insider news about direct flights from BOS to STT?

Jet Blue stopped direct flights from Boston to STT. Does anyone know of potential direct flights to St. Thomas in the fall? Any airline?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,959 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insider news about direct flights from BOS to STT?

The direct flights to STT are seasonal and usually run from December to April. AA droped their direct flights completely last year and I have no idea if they will resume anytime soon. I checked and I can get a direct flight BOS to STT in January, but the return flights are not non stop direct.

When I fly down in the fall I find there are about two practical choices. Fly to Kennedy and then direct to STT or fly to PR and then STT. I don't like either alternative and there are some others but are even less attractive to me.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
617 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insider news about direct flights from BOS to STT?

To me, SJU is the lesser evil. I would fly direct and then puddle jump to STT. I've thought of doing it out of Newark to lower costs. At least if you get stuck in Puerto Rico you are in warm weather and not Queens. JFK is a pain in the you know what.

Edited: 12 June 2013, 15:58
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,132 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Insider news about direct flights from BOS to STT?

I have found over the past couple years that there are less and less direct flight. It use to be that you could fly direct to STT at reasonable times. The only direct flights now have ridiculous times and horrible prices.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Insider news about direct flights from BOS to STT?

Keep in mind that if you go via SJU on anyone but JetBlue you will be on a twin engine cessna (Cape Air) or a Saab340 turbo prop. JetBlue uses E90's and A320's from SJU....or at least they used to.

Anything outside of JFK in the NE is going to require a connection of some sort.

Mike in Tulsa

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Insider news about direct flights from BOS to STT?

USAIR seems to be still offering non stop flights phl-stt RT on weekends in the off season.

I just searched a late Aug/lateOct RT.

Depending where you are in the NE it may be convenient- unless NE meant New England not the NorthEast.

Edited: 12 June 2013, 21:34
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Insider news about direct flights from BOS to STT?

Maybe I should have said anything North of NYC....the thread is about BOS.

Mike in Tulsa

7. Re: Insider news about direct flights from BOS to STT?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 06:18