We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelers checks?

Nashville
Level Contributor
251 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
travelers checks?

I know that some charter boats do not take credit cards. I don't want to travel with loads of cash. Are travelers checks recommended for those activities/places that do no take credit cards?

Thanks,

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelers checks?

I think you will find that most tourist activities take credit cards. I am sure they would accept travelers checks but usually they aren't necessary. You generally need cash for taxis, ferry, and tips around the resort.

Also, remember this is a US territory so there are ATM's all over the island.

California
Level Contributor
6,471 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelers checks?

Travelers Checks are "almost" unheard of these days although I'm sure most places will still take them. My local BofA branch doesn't even have them anymore.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelers checks?

I always use the local ATMs when I travel. Why pay for those checks when ATMs are every where?

Nashville
Level Contributor
251 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelers checks?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looking forward to the VI's next week.

5. Re: travelers checks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Thomas
Recent Conversations