We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapest car rental

Charlotte Amalie...
2 posts
Save Topic
cheapest car rental

Which is the cheapest car rental on st Thomas?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapest car rental

You just have to get in touch with them. Budget may be the cheapest, but they really don't get good reviews. Some agencies are Discount, Dependable, Amalie, Zip, hertz (can't take the car to STJ). Keep in mind that most agencies have "island cars". This means that they will have scratches and dings.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapest car rental

We rented from Magdalena at Amalie and she was great. Best service experience I ever had. And the jeeps are brand new 2013 and they let you take to STJ.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheapest car rental

Amalie gets consistently great reviews, like the one above, but they should not be in a list of the cheapest rentals.

BTW, don't be concerned about the scratches and dings. The agency on their little diagram of the car will make it all black, and will not even think about the fact the car went out with 300 scratches and dings, and came back with 302.

Steve

Irmo, South Carolina
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheapest car rental

I've heard Budget was the cheapest but I met a guy at the airport that after three days was still waiting on a car. You get what you pay for. Do you feel lucky?

Woodinville...
Level Contributor
74 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheapest car rental

I made a reservation with Budget, but after reading a lot of negative reviews, I think I am going to book with someone else. Thank you for the head's up on Budget.

Northof Boston
Level Contributor
522 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheapest car rental

We have always rented from Amalie, but on our last trip, we were reprimanded for the being some sand in the car upon return. I think I might go for an " island car" next time- last thing I want to worry about is keeping a car rental spotless while on vacation. I like my feet to be sandy at the end of a day- sign of a great beach day :).

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheapest car rental

I always rent from Avis! May not be the cheapest but I've never had an issue!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheapest car rental

After much research, we rented from Discount and were very satisfied. Price was the best I found.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheapest car rental

Sometimes, due to special circumstances, the answer is surprising.

My wife just made reservations for a car for our next visit. On this trip, in addition to the two of us, there will be three additional drivers.

Currently Hertz is not adding an extra charge for additional drivers who are AAA members. This made Hertz the cheapest.

Steve

10. Re: cheapest car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 06:19