We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photographers out there...

orlando, FL
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Photographers out there...

For those photographers our photography enthusiast, any suggestions on where/what are great pics please share. I have some in mind already but trying to plan more out. Would like to know where around St Thomas has cool large rocks/boulders on the beach, etc.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photographers out there...

For cool, large boulders there are great batholiths at "the baths" on Virgin Gorda.

Steve

orlando, FL
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photographers out there...

Yes we plan on going to Virgin Gorda but we are staying in St. Thomas. Trying to find cool spots for sunset/sunrises.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,043 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photographers out there...

You might want to check the Red Point blow hole on Cas Cay in the mangrove lagoon on the East End of St Thomas. You can Google for photos.

The rock formations off Best Western Carib Beach on St Thomas are also beautiful. I have photos, but not online.

The nature trail at Magens has a nice rocky hill. I think I posted photos of that on everytrail.com.

Coki Beach has nice rocky hillside views. I saw some people posing on the rocks and taking photos. I thought it was a magazine shooting, but they were tourists who saw the beauty of that spot!

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
910 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photographers out there...

Planning on doing long exposure?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,973 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photographers out there...

As long as you're renting a 4WD vehicle, Stumpy Bay would be a great spot.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,973 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Photographers out there...

Oh, and you could drive out to the far end of the Peterborg peninsula too.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Photographers out there...

2 beaches with very rocky shorelines:

Bordeaux -- large lava flow cliffs with a picturesque old plantation ruin on top.

Fortuna -- long stretch of rock strewn flat beach

orlando, FL
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photographers out there...

Awesome! I have been looking at the different suggestions.

Any idea if I can find a spot like this? Would love to recreate this picture.

airlineposterart.com/cart/…20St.jpg

9. Re: Photographers out there...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 12:19
10. Re: Photographers out there...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 12:19