We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food near airport

Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
food near airport

My flight arrive at noon and I need to get my rental car to Westin STJ. It's lunchtime then so I need to grab a quick meal for the long commute to Red Hook and then ferry to Cruz Bay. Are there any good fast food joint near the airport, on the main road, on the way to Red Hook? Chester's or MCDonald's is fine or any local bbq joint.

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: food near airport

There is a McDonalds along the way in Frenchtown. You'll see it as soon as you turn right into Frenchtown from that main road.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: food near airport

Along the route from the Airport to Red Hook you will pass all of the regular fast food establishments (Pizza Hut, Wendys, McDonalds, KFC, and a few others). When you see what you want just pull into their parking lot and enjoy. Alas, once you arrive on St John you won't see any of those regular state-side fast food joints.

Rocky Dock

Water Island

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,117 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food near airport

At Nisky there is a Kentucky Fried Chicken, Domino's, and Subway, though no food is really fast here. The buffet at the Spanish restaurant in Nisky is probably the quickest way to eat.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,110 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food near airport

It's not a "long commute" and there are a bunch of eating establishments right there in Red Hook where you can enjoy lunch with fast food options of Texas Pit BBQ and Subway that you can sit and enjoy by the water as you wait for the barge.

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food near airport

You can stop at Gottlieb's Gas station on the way. It's on the the left across form the Adelita Cancryn ball field.They readily have Chester's Fired Chicken available as well as pizza.

RL

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food near airport

As Ms411 said , "no food here is really fast". Although I haven't done it in years I once spent an hour in the Mc Donalds drive through. Last March a sandwich at Subway took over a half hour.

I would do what STTResident recomended and drive directly to Red Hook. In Red Hook you can get lunch from Taco Hell, Java Coffee shop, Texas Bar-B-que, and maybe Buritto Bay Deli, if it is still open. If you have time Fishtails, Big Bambooze, and a number of other places are right there.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: food near airport

Hey Bill, Burrito Bay was shuttered, the sign gone, propane tank removed; looks to me like they are done for. But fried chicken mention got me thinking. I only have it once or twice a year and at least one of those times is usually in St T from the take out counter in the gas station about a quarter mile past the Tutu McDonalds heading east on the left just after the light and car wash and just before you get to Tillett Gardens. The brand of gas is a moving target (Puma?) but the sign on the building says Bonjour. Pay at the convenience store counter before picking up at the food counter. In and out in 3 minutes. Mighty tasty stuff and and fills the need since I no longer get "lubed up" enough to venture into Lake's at 1AM.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: food near airport

JLT I like their chicken too and I think I heard that Chesters in Smith Bay closed so they are a good option. I once recomended it to a family and next day on the beach they told me it was the best chicken they ever had.

Is Lakes still open?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: food near airport

Is Chester in Smith Bay is closed? I planned to drop by there on the way to Coki beach!:(

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,110 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: food near airport

I was down that way the other week and didn't notice that Chesters was closed but never went there anyway as I had one taste of their offerings just once and it was all WAY over-salted. Lake's was still doing fine when I drove by - thanks for a reminder to stop by and say hello to those good people when I next pass!