We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent car seats or bring??

nj
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Rent car seats or bring??

We are traveling to St Thomas for a week. We have decided to rent car but not sure if I should bring my car seats or rent? We have twin boys that are 22 months old. If we rent does anyone know the charge? Any advice would be appreciated.

Chicago
Level Contributor
13 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent car seats or bring??

We have used discount car rental. I think first car seat is free and then a one time minimal fee for the second. I always prefer to rent car seats from the rental company and not carry ours with us.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent car seats or bring??

At that age, don't you have them in a car seat on the plane? I'm asking this because we will be traveling with 2 young children in May.

nj
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent car seats or bring??

Since they are under 2 we don't need to buy them seats. We decided to purchase 3 seats though. One for me, my husband and the 3rd seat for them when they aren't on our lap. I don't think the airlines allow the car seats on board because they are so large, I believe you have to check them. I didn't find an aviation harness set that they use on the plane & think I might purchase.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rent car seats or bring??

United does allow car seats and the steward will help you clip it into the seat. I think the answer is obvious. Bring one car seat, and rent one! Done!

5. Re: Rent car seats or bring??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 05:20