We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much $ do you carry with when going to trunk bay?

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
260 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
How much $ do you carry with when going to trunk bay?

Was wondering how much cash to carry with when going to Trunk Bay for the day

Thanks!

Colorado
Level Contributor
923 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much $ do you carry with when going to trunk bay?

Taxi fare, return ferry fare, lunch $, souvenir $.... varies widely

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much $ do you carry with when going to trunk bay?

I think if you provide a little more info, you will get more replies. Are you thinking of renting items, eating and/or drinking while on the beach? Or are you just inquiring about the cost to use the beach and facilities?

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
260 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much $ do you carry with when going to trunk bay?

Sorry I wasn't more specific

Its going to be for 2 adults, staying at sapphire beach we will probably take taxi to red hook take the ferry to trunk bay then cab it to trunk bay once we get there, this will be our first time to the virgin islands

Not sure if there is anything around trunk bay to eat but will def eat lunch at trunk bay, I dont think we'll rent anything probably bring our own snorkeling gear :-)

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much $ do you carry with when going to trunk bay?

May I suggest:

Take the ferry from Red Hook to Cruz Bay ($6.00/person). Have a nice sitdown lunch at Cruz Bay. We like High Tide, right off the ferry dock, but there are plenty of choices in easy walking distance of the ferry dock, and most all take credit cards. Take a taxi to Trunk Bay. ($6.00/person if 2 + tip) (Tell the taxi drive you want to stop for a photo op at the Trunk Bay overlook.) $4.00/person entrance fee to Trunk Bay. Food and drinks are available at Trunk Bay, or your owner at Sapphire may provide a cooler so you can take your own. (NO glass bottles at Trunk Bay - $75 fine.) $6.00/person + tip taxi back to Cruz Bay, and $6.00/person for the ferry back to Red Hook. Remember the taxi fare to/from Sapphire/Red Hook. I would plan on a minimum of $100. Maybe a little more for that T-shirt or coffee mug you've just got to have.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much $ do you carry with when going to trunk bay?

I just did this trip twice last week from Sapphire beach resort. Taxi each way from Sapphire to Red Hook is $4, ferry tickets are $7 each way, taxi to Trunk is $6 each way and entrance fee at Trunk is $4 per person. If you decide to rent a chair it is $8 along with a $50 deposit. We toted a small cooler with snacks, beer, soda and water which worked out well. Check to see how many cruise ships are in port and pick a day with no or few ships unless you like crowds.

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
260 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much $ do you carry with when going to trunk bay?

Thanks so much!!!

7. Re: How much $ do you carry with when going to trunk bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 13:35
8. Re: How much $ do you carry with when going to trunk bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:17