We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental company at St. John's that allow one day rental.

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Car rental company at St. John's that allow one day rental.

Hello. My boyfriend and I are traveling to St. Thomas in May and we're planning to go to St. John's for a day. We thought we'd rent a car so we can go around the island at our own pace. I've contacted a few car rental companies already but all of them require a 3 day minimum. Does anyone know of a rental company that allows one day rental? I'd appreciate the help :) Thanks!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental company at St. John's that allow one day rental.

There are 19 privately owned vehicle rental companies on St John. (No 's) I don't think any will make a commitment for less than a 3 day minimum. However, usually if you just show up in Cruz Bay and ask you'll find a company that has an extra vehicle that they'll rent to you for the day.

Rocky Dock

Water Island

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,964 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental company at St. John's that allow one day rental.

If you are staying on St Thomas, I'd rent a vehicle for at least part of your stay. Taxis charge per person, each way, and add up quick. It can easily cost $10-$20 each way for 2 people to go to dinner. As long as you don't rent from Hertz, you can take your vehicle over to St John on the car barge for a day of exploring.

3. Re: Car rental company at St. John's that allow one day rental.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 05:17