We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation for one night?

Grand Rapids...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation for one night?

We are going on a 7 day charter trip out of St. Thomas and will be arriving the afternoon prior to leaving. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel for one night that is near the airport?

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation for one night?

Island Beachcomber, Best Western Emerald Beach, and Best Western Carib are very close to airport.

But, many people consider hotels in Charlotte Amalie so they're closer to the charters. Crystal Palace, Villa Olga, the Inn at Blackbeard's Castle, the Green Iguana, are some options.

Grand Rapids...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation for one night?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation for one night?

Best Western EB

Steve

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation for one night?

They may not have single nights during the high season but this past spring I got a nice room for a single night at both ends of my charter at Sapphire by contacting Paradise Properties. They're a management company that manages condos at Sapphire West, the Beach Resort and Sapphire Village.

http://www.paradisepropertiesvi.com/

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation for one night?

I hope that neither was at "Sapphire West".

Steve

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation for one night?

Well doesn't that feel all welcoming and cozy?

Let me guess perhaps Sapphire Bay Condominiums West - aka Crystal Cove - aka Sapphire West has rules against allowing guests to stay for less than a certain number of days and one night fits the description.

Rest easy dear readers, Paradise Properties didn't break the rules and I had a nice unit where the condo police wouldn't find me. Paradise Properties has been in business for a number of years and I'd guess they can follow the rules close enough. You can find their office right there on Sapphire Bay Condominiums West Property.

So Linda D, sorry for the distraction, if you are looking for a single night hotel recommendation this suggestions and those of the other posters are all good.

7. Re: Hotel recommendation for one night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 20:39
St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendation for one night?

Steve, it would really help if you post photos of the non Sapphire Bay Resort properties you so often mention. A picture is worth your thousand words, because your posts to make distinctions ilare confusing to everyone.

I will take and post photos if needed. Just tell me what to photograph.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel recommendation for one night?

You are absolutely right and I would love to, but I am unaware of any mechanism for doing so on this forum. If anyone can instruct me, I can get some photos up

I have photos of SBCW and the PP signs. Unfortunately I do not have any photos of SV or SH. I also do not have any photos of the new gate. In my instructions for guests to driving to our unit I have used a photo of the the "Great Gate of Kyev" as a "placeholder".

There are lot's of photos of SBCW in the review section of TA under "Crystal Cove Beach Resort on Sapphire Bay". Unfortunately, more then a few were taken at other properties. Confusion reigns pictorially as well as verbally!

More reliable, are quite a few exterior photos on the various VRBO/HA listings of SBCW and SV units.

I do not have any photos of SH. The exterior appearance is generally compatible with the SBCW, except that the original colors (white with black trim) have been retained. As SH was built to be employee housing for SBCW, it really is not much to look at. There are no "amenities, barely any "grounds", and minimal landscaping beyond a rather nice sign.

Because Honey and I will be tied up with the birth of our fourth grandchild, we will not be on island until late January. At that time, I hope to get a lot of photos, and if it is possible post a few on this forum.

Steve

Edited: 17 August 2014, 21:01
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel recommendation for one night?

Yet another thread gets derailed and hopefully the OP was given enough options to work with for the one night stay!

Linda, is your charter leaving from town or from the East end? If from the East end (Red Hook/Sapphire) you might want to take a look at Rhoda's Guest House in Tillet Gardens. The safarii buses go right by there en route to Red Hook for the morning trip which will take about 10 minutes tops or same via taxi. The guest house is very charming and there's a restaurant/bar right there in the gardens.

http://www.rhodasguesthouse.com/

Edited: 17 August 2014, 21:08
Get answers to your questions about St. Thomas
Recent Conversations