We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ParadiseSTT

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
ParadiseSTT

Does anyone have an email address or phone number for the owner of these units at Sapphire? I would like to find out more about them. The Hotel section doesn't have any other information. Thanks

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ParadiseSTT

I don't, I tried to look them up but couldn't find out anything. The reviews seem a little "brochure" to me.

Hilton Head, SC
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ParadiseSTT

I just returned from St Thomas after renting from Renee at paradisestt.com IT WAS AWFUL!!! There were bugs and rats everywhere. We had NO HOT WATER for our entire stay. The AC was broken. The doors were broken and wouldn't close or lock. We rented the two beach front units and they were dirty, nasty, and dangerous. There were old beer cans and chicken bones on the patio. There were used condoms laying around. We were told we would be provided with a crib but once we arrived were told that the crib would cost $30 per day. We also had to pay to use the beach towels, the beach chairs, etc. And because we rented through a private owner we could not attent the continental breakfast or use any of the other resort offerings. Renee also neglected to tell us that they would be pressure washing the building while we were there so during our stay there was dirty water running onto our patio all day. We had to go out of the front door and walk all the way around to get to the beach. Not sure why we paid for those "beach front" units!!! Once we returned home and told Renee about our problems she did nothing about it and instead asked us to please keep our comments to ourselves. (I'd be happy to send you a copy of the email!) DO NOT rent from paradisestt.com and stay away from Sapphire Beach. It was a terrible experience. As for Renee's contact information - her name is Renee Migdal and she owns two units at Sapphire Beach. Try contacting the SBR owners association for help. That's what I did when I was looking for somewhere to complain.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
48 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ParadiseSTT

We rented a two story suite from Renee about a year ago and our experience was very different from the one described above. While the unit could use some updating, it was clean, spacious and had a killer view. We had a problem with the front door lock but the fellow that met us at the resort to give us the room keys took care of it the same afternoon. We also found some tiny ants in the kitchen area and called Renee, who directed us to a can of ant spray under the sink. We never saw another one after that first day. Our unit came with beach towels and we had the same access to the free watersports equipment as everyone else. The unit also had beach toys, coolers, a game console, and a DVD player. We had no problems with our water, either hot or cold.

The biggest inconvenience during our trip was the resort area itself. The bars and restaurants were all closed and strewn with trash; ( It's my understanding that they are now operational. ) The large reef near the point is dead or dying; (Snorkelers were seen standing on it in fins) and there was no entertainment at all. (I don't know if this is still the case or not)

We've stayed at Sapphire Beach several times over the years and it's a shame to see it neglected and falling apart, as it has the best beach on the island.

4. Re: ParadiseSTT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 00:17