We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in St. Thomas

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nightlife in St. Thomas

I am planning a trip to St. Thomas around September this year. I was wondering how the night life is around the Marriott Frenchman's reef and Morning Star. Are there good bars to go to or clubs? What time do they stay open to? Is the island safe. I live in Baltimore so I am not an idiot but always want to be aware of what places not to go.

Thanks

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,512 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife in St. Thomas

There is next to no night life around the Reef/Morningstar other than that which the Reef provides itself and you would have to taxi to get anywhere. Downtown nightlife is very minimal and probably the most nightlife is on the East End of the island where several of the bars stay open until the wee hours. The Offshore Bar in Havensight is relatively close to the Reef and often has good live music.

You'll be here during the slowest part of slow season so check the free weekly advertising newspaper "The Island Trader" when you get here to see what's going on - or you can check it online via a link from www.vriginislandsdailynews.com.

Yes, the island is safe but of course you stay aware of your surroundings, don't walk down dark alleys or in any area which doesn't look safe - take the precautions you'd take when travelling anywhere.

Who knows - after full days of beaching, swimming, snorkelling and sailing you may not even be up to any big night life routine! Cheers!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife in St. Thomas

Thanks. I am not looking for any crazy night life just some bars over looking the ocean and some good live music to listen to with my friends.

Thanks for the advice

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,712 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife in St. Thomas

September is probably the slowest month, so there probably won't be much going on.

However, new restaurants and bars have opened up in the Havensight area (not too far from The Reef - the Offshore Bar STT Resident mentioned is in this same area), so you do have more options than last year.

Hooter's (no explanation needed)

Reggae Lounge (Al Cohen's Mall) Sometimes live music on Fri/Sat

Paradise Point - open only when there's a ship in Havensight. Live music on Tue/Wed evenings.

Captain Mayhem's - no live music here, but they usually have bar game competitions. Right now, they and the Caribbean Saloon are hosting Beer Pong tournament. You have to Google to find out what it is, because I just saw the flyer.

Yacht Haven Grande has seaside restaurants, and sometimes there is live entertainment or a DJ. YHG is within walking distance to Havensight.

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
355 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife in St. Thomas

Its not exactly what you are looking for but if you are looking for a fun evening, check out Duffy's Love Shack. We went last September and it was still pretty cool at night.

home
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife in St. Thomas

Check out Tickle's Dockside Pub in Crown Bay and Lattitude 18 in Red Hook area.

Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife in St. Thomas

Hi! I have recently been to St. Thomas, and I did visit the Reggae Lounge. They have been opened for a few months now, and it is quite a nice place. They had a live band on Saturday night (I don't know if it's every Saturday). I definitely liked the atmosphere of the place, it is very classy and nicely decorated with pictures of famous Reggae Artists (which are apparently, also for sale). They had a DJ on Friday spinning nice Reggae music. Definitely a nice place to check out, highly recommended! Hope this helps :)

Allentown...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife in St. Thomas

I travel to St. Thomas yearly and I would have to say my favorite night Bar / club would be Duffy's Love Shack in Red Hook. Don't walk in the area alone. Great place to meet folks and friends. Since it is low season The crowds don't start comingin until 7:30- 8:00 A good time to be had by all. They have a site ont he web. Duffy's Love Shack Red Hook St Thomas USVI Enjoy yourself !!!!!

FL
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightlife in St. Thomas

Iggys is a fun beach bar.

9. Re: Nightlife in St. Thomas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 16:19