We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some cruise stop questions

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guimaraes, Portugal
Level Contributor
253 posts
226 reviews
Save Topic
Some cruise stop questions

Hi,

I´m planning a cruise for next August with Royal Caribbean.

We´ll have a 1 day stop at Charlotte Amalie – What can we do in a day??

Is the pier far from city center? What distance?

We like sightseeing and cultural visits and if possible end the day with a swim on the sea..

Do we need a guide?

Is it better to rent a car?

What should we really not miss?

Do I have to exchange money or are USD or Euros acceptable?

Suggestions pls

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
289 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some cruise stop questions

You could do a tour with someone like Godfrey http://godfreytoursvi.com/ - I hear he's good. Or you could get a taxi to take you around. Another option is to take a ferry to St. John. It will be less crowded over there and the beaches are spectacular. Taxi's are readily available when you get off the ferry.

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some cruise stop questions

First of all we are in the US and US dollars is all we use! Like you were told before, taxis are readily available from the pier, those guys will usually try to get you on a tour.e town area is not too far away. Most of the tours include a visit to the regular sites as well as some shopping time and beach time. I would encourage you to try to get a personal taxi to customize the tour for you.

RL

3. Re: Some cruise stop questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2010, 06:42
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie