We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Buy Fresh Fish in St Thomas

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
45 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Buy Fresh Fish in St Thomas

There are clearly, excellent seafood restaurants to eat at in St Thomas., But I have been in search of where to buy fresh seafood

to prepare for my family during our yearly timeshare visit, which has excellent cooking facilities. There are many posts about the best places to shop for groceries and I have visited all of them, some of which have excellent meats and poutry, but their"fresh" seafood has been somewhat lacking and way overpriced, or has been frozen and thawed.

Found an add with a coupon on a St Thomas Web page with places to grocery shop. S&P Seafood is listed at 3801 Crown Bay- Don't make the mistake I made by going to the Crown Bay Marina- where the the other cruise ships dock. It is actually located along the waterfront off the main Route from the Airport, but in Frenchtown. They fly in daily fresh seafood from the states, (Maine Lobsters),etc, Europe, etc. The day I went I bought a fresh piece of Salmon which I was told came in from Scotland that morning and since I am generally pretty familiiar with the difference between farm raised and wild, I would say it was pretty accurate. It was grilled on a cedar plank that evening for our family and was excellent. I think this is where some of the local restaurants may buy their imported seafoods. A local Islander, also told me he goes

down to Frenchtown early in the morning for fish from the local waters which is where some of the local fisherman bring their catch. Since I am not as familiar with the local fish, but know that you have to be careful about some fish which produce toxins, I opted to buy what was famliary to me

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Buy Fresh Fish in St Thomas

Sat. morning in Frenchtown - early - look for old-wife, yellowtail or ask about some others from the fishermen, they will also send you over to the people who clean them expertly for a small fee - Market Sq. on Sat morning also has some of the Northside fisherman selling ........... By Lionel Robert stadium at the bottom of Mafolie Hill there is often a fish truck in the morning - another fish truck site is in Smith Bay at the Coki turn.

At Sapphire Marina the boats like Double Header and Abigail come in the late afternoon with ocean fish like tuna, mahi and wahoo - also check American Yacht Harbor for their deep sea vessels late in the day.

Fish Tails in Red Hook reportedly has a retail counter - I have not been there.

Marina Market has a fish counter - for stateside imported fish though your S+P find is one of the best.

2. Re: Where to Buy Fresh Fish in St Thomas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:42