We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What grocery & Emerald Beach?

maryland
6 posts
Save Topic
What grocery & Emerald Beach?

Was wondering what grocery store is closest to Emerald Beach. We will eat out mostly, but I like to make my own shakes for breakfast... Thanks

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,278 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What grocery & Emerald Beach?

You will find Pueblo - in Sub base to be a 10 min walk or Gourmet Gallery in Crown Bay just as close, -- to have whatever you need -- "probably" - guessing you need yogurt or some milk product and fresh fruit or fruit juices.

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What grocery & Emerald Beach?

I would recommend the Gourmet Gallery over Pueblo. Much better experience. And if you are coming in the next year or so, Food Center is opening a new store right as you exit the airport road! Watch out Pueblo.

RL

Hoffman Estates...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What grocery & Emerald Beach?

Pueblo is a bit of a walk, if you are cabbing it back from somewhere, give the cabbie a few extra bucks to wait while you shop. If you rent a car, which we did as the taxi fares start at $5 per person for a ride, there are a couple Kmarts the other side of Charlotte Amalie which carry an assortrment of groceries as well.

Edited: 08 August 2012, 03:56
Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What grocery & Emerald Beach?

I would skip the Pueblo that is closest to the airport and either hit up the other one which is just past downtown area(about 15 minute ride from BWEB) or go to the Gourmet Gallery. There is also a Cost-U-Less. IMO the Pueblo right by the airport is on the dirty side.

5. Re: What grocery & Emerald Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie