We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Air

We just booked our air (finally). We had to book flights seperate because everything was so high. Finally got a good deal using Delta and Cape Air. Anyone have any experience with Care Air?

Bettendorf, Iowa
Level Contributor
510 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Air

We flew Cape Air from SJU to Beef Island, Tortola BVI. It was fine. It is different than flying on American Eagle, however. For instance, we were on a flight that consisted of three 6-seater planes (all the same flight number). When we checked in at SJU, we had to tell them our weight so they could evenly distribute the weight on the planes. The pilot let my husband sit in the co-pilot's seat. I sat right behind the pilot and could sit and talk and watch the various guages. It was perfectly safe, just a bit more primative than you'd expect - a lot more like you see in some movies! I don't think all Cape Air flights are like this as I think I've seen some of the larger plans when travelling thru SJU. Getting there is half the fun! Enjoy!

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Air

Thanks, just wanted some words of encouragement. It is a very short flight, we plan on just enjoying the whole experience!

Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie