We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verizon

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Verizon

I understand that Verizon is seeking permits for a tower on St Thomas. Verizon users your problems will soon be over.

RL

Colorado
Level Contributor
958 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verizon

Wow great!!! Sure hope those in control of permits don't delay it as that seems to be a problem down there. Will be too late for our end of Feb/March visit suppose...

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
17 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verizon

Anyone know how that tower is coming along?

Billings, MT
Level Contributor
269 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verizon

That is WONDERFUL news! I usually turn my cell off when I'm on vacation, but now and then if your group splits up, it's nice to be able to communicate.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
22 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verizon

Any updates on progress ????

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Verizon

Have not heard anything yet.

RL

Princeton Junction...
Level Contributor
269 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verizon

Since there hasnt been anything posted since July, is it safe to say its still NOT there yet ?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Verizon

Ron, if the tower is built by November, when we get there, I'm sure we'll get better service, but will the by minute charges go down? Do you know?

California
Level Contributor
6,256 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Verizon

"If" Verizon does build a tower on STT, the fee's would be the same as your service on the mainland. Sort of like Hawaii service, no added costs.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Verizon

Thank you Clint for the info. Guess it's another go phone for us.

10. Re: Verizon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 06:20