We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying at Marrott Frenchmans Reef- shopping nearby

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, New York
3 posts
Save Topic
staying at Marrott Frenchmans Reef- shopping nearby

Hi - I am not sure you can help but I will not have a car and I will be staying at the Marriott Frenchmans Reef hotel- do they supply transportation to shopping? How far is Buccaneer Mall from the Marriott?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,225 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying at Marrott Frenchmans Reef- shopping nearby

The expansive Havensight Mall, Port of Sale and Buccaneer Mall are all of a five minute $5 taxi ride from the Reef. If you're looking for (very) high-end purchases, the Yacht Haven Grande is a close walk. You should easily be able to find everything you want whatever you're looking for. I don't believe the Reef offers any kind of in-house free transportation anywhere. If you wanted to go into town, their little "Reefer" ferry goes from the Reef to the waterfront on a regular schedule during the daytime for something around $6-$7 per person each way.

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,503 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying at Marrott Frenchmans Reef- shopping nearby

Most people who stay at the Reef do a day in town for shopping, touring, and lunch. I've heard that some people working at the Reef will only recommend stores and restaurants that advertise with them, so keep an open mind and check other information sources, too.

Havensight doesn't have as many local restaurants as town and no art galleries, either. So for a more cultural experience, go to town.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
310 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying at Marrott Frenchmans Reef- shopping nearby

As STTresident pointed out, you can easily take the ferry from the property (actually the cove next door) straight to downtown where there is a lot of shopping, for a small amount. I also found out when I was there a few months ago, that there are several stores, especially jewelry stores, on sight at the property. Cannot speak upon price as I just picked up a watch there that a downtown merchant had special ordered for me, but noticed they did have several stores inside.

4. Re: staying at Marrott Frenchmans Reef- shopping nearby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 05:18