We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for lunch on Sunday before airport home

St. Louis
Level Contributor
27 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for lunch on Sunday before airport home

We will be arriving at the ferry dock from Tortola on a Sunday at Charlotte Amalie and looking for a great last restaurant lunch before we go to the airport. We'll take a taxi and we prefer to be away from the downtown shopping Mecca but not on the other side of the island. Any great suggestions? Great ambiance & food. Cheers

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,278 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for lunch on Sunday before airport home

At the ferry dock Petite Pump Room has Sunday food.

A short walk west Frenchtown Deli and Hook Line Sinker serve on Sun.

A taxi ride towards the airport in Crown Bay is Tickles.

On the airport approach road Emerald Beach Resort serves lunch.

At the airport alongside the parking area is Atlantic Seafood.

Wildwood, Missouri
Level Contributor
493 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for lunch on Sunday before airport home

Thanks a lot localsailor.

Colorado
Level Contributor
984 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for lunch on Sunday before airport home

We like Tickles in Crown Bay, right on the dock

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for lunch on Sunday before airport home

Thank you localsailor - I've been wandering what the name of the little place at the airport is. I always thought it was just a place the taxi drivers hung out until it was their turn for pick-ups. A few years ago I found out it was actually a restaurant. (The food in the airport sucks, for anyone who doesn't already know that) Our time frame never allowed for it before, but we will definitely try it before we have to leave paradise in December.

Do they have a website or what do you recommend on their menu? (I know I have a Looonnngg time to wait, but it's cold here and all I can do to stay sane is dream of warm, sunny weather.....)

Edited: 22 March 2014, 20:01
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for lunch on Sunday before airport home

http://atlanticseafood.cbt.cc/index.html

There are reviews here on TA also.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for lunch on Sunday before airport home

Thanks STTResident - their site isn't working, but I did read reviews on TA. Have you eaten there?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant for lunch on Sunday before airport home

How odd - I found the site but didn't check the inline links! I haven't eaten there since there since it was Ashley's (loved their conch patés!) so can't be of help there.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant for lunch on Sunday before airport home

I ate there a couple times last year. I liked it and will return. Easy going service very helpful servers/bartender, not fancy. Some good island food but plenty of offerings for state-siders. It's only about 120 yards from the airport ticket counters. I also like Emerald Beach but it's a longer walk.

9. Re: Restaurant for lunch on Sunday before airport home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie