We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frenchman's Reef

CHICAGO
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Frenchman's Reef

Hi!

I am considering this resort for my 2014 vacation as I want to go to a new location! I like this resort due to price point and the AI option...but, I have questions:

1. How far is the resort from the airport?

2. What coffees are available at the coffee house? Lattes, cappuccinos, etc?

3. Is there beach access?

4. Is the water at the beach on the resort calm and clear, good for snorkeling?

5. Is there a better AI resort with a coffee bar to look at?

Thanks in advance!

New London, New...
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Frenchman's Reef

"I'd agree there are lots of options for dining all over the island and think it would be a shame to limit yourself to one resorts choices.".

By limiting dining and activites to one hotel/resort/condo, visitor don't get a true taste of st thomas. I would offer that the best dinning and beaches are not associated with hotels (except havana blue). Some resorts, including Freachmans offer a rate that includes b-fast. Some offer a upgrade which access to daytime buffet. Sme resorts offer a package which provides access to all the actitivies (snorkle,sail, tennis, spa).

It's worth a few housrs of internet surfing to really investigate the deals. The deals change all the time and I don't really think that any of the "experts" on this board are up-to-minute familiar with every hotel/condo and the current packages. I took a look at Freachmans current offing and was impressed with some of the very economical (for the reef) summer rates. Presonally, I've scored great summer packages at Carembola (STX) which inclued free nights with seaplane tickets and Gallows (STJ) at $90 per night. Smart and savy traveler can score good deals with a little bit of homework.

Oviously folk who repetedly press a particular resort have some sort of interest in the property. After reading a dozen or so posts, any reader can see between the lines....

Edited: 24 May 2014, 21:32
12. Re: Frenchman's Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie