We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star St Thomas

2 posts
Save Topic
Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star St Thomas

I am thinking of taking my fiance to Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resorts St Thomas for our honeymoon for 6 nights. Can anyone tell me, is it worth spending an extra $2000 to go all inclusive?

West Frankfort...
Level Contributor
587 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star St Thomas

There is so much to do see and eat on the island that I wouldn't want to limit myself to prepaying for meals at a resort. Since exploring the island is safe and easy all inclusive is not recommended like in countries that you can't safely leave the resort on your own.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
72 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star St Thomas

We had some great meals on St. Thomas. We rented a car and went all over. St. Thomas itself is not my favorite island but I am planning to go back because it is a great jumping off point for St. Johns and Virgin Gorda. We spent a day at Maegens bay and a day shopping downtown and at the outdoor malls. There is a gift shop at the top of the mountain that is fantastic and serves amazing banana drinks. I could have stayed there for a whole day. So I wouldn't do an all inclusive. In my opinion the hotel in St Thomas is more of a sleeping and relaxing spot the rest of the island needs to be explored.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
72 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star St Thomas

Also if the Wicked restaurant is still open. The food is amazing. They had a lime shrimp scampi that I still think about.

4. Re: Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star St Thomas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie