We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

daytrip to St. Thomas

los angeles
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Topic
daytrip to St. Thomas

i'll be going on a day trip to st. thomas from san juan. I noticed there were two airports to fly into..

can someone tell me which one will get me to magen's bay.

from what i understand, that's the most crowded beach and quite frankly, that's what i'm looking for. :-)

Also, i'll probably be there for about 5 hours.. is there anything to do in the immediate area that doesn't require a car? shops, dining?

any reponse would be appreciated..

:-)

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
7,953 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: daytrip to St. Thomas

There's only one airport on STT, so don't know what you're looking at that says there are 2.

Magens may not be crowded if there aren't any ships the day you're here.

Emerald Beach is a nice beach within walking distance of the airport.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: daytrip to St. Thomas

The taxi fare from the airport to Magens will cost $12 ($10 per person if you have traveling companions) each way. Upon your return you could be dropped off in town to do some shopping, etc. and then take a cab to the airport from there.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: daytrip to St. Thomas

You may have come across a reference to the "Harry S. Truman" airport which was renamed the" Cyril E King airpor"t to give it more "local flavor. Cyril E King was the second elected governer of the VI.

Steve

4. Re: daytrip to St. Thomas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2015, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Magens Bay