We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Moon Cafe

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Moon Cafe

My fiancee and I are planning to host a dinner here after our wedding. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on good menu items or general opinions on the place? Thanks in advance for your info!

Allentown...
Level Contributor
601 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Moon Cafe

When are you getting married? I inquired with my wedding coordinator on the island about having my reception at Blue Moon Cafe and she started Blue Moon was currently going through a change of ownership and to check back in the Summer to see what the changes are.

Edited: 17 March 2011, 17:43
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Moon Cafe

We are getting married next month! :)

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon has long standing reputation for excellence. However, as the prior posted stated there is a new group taking over in the next month or so. As I understand it the group now operates the Cellar and Pesce restaurants in Red Hook. You might do some research on them as an indication of the future.operation at the Blue Moon location

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Moon Cafe

We stayed at Secret Harbour in November and had many meals there. I heard the same thing about the new management taking over.

The food and service quality were both very good.

Havertown...
Level Contributor
325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Moon Cafe

Was at Secret Harbor end of this February. There was a "full-blown" wedding and reception on the beach. Decorations, bridal archway and chairs and chairs on the beach. It appeared there was a buffet set up in the cafe for the wedding.

They all looked as if they were having a good time!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,676 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Moon Cafe

You're fine with next month for your wedding plans. I believe Julie's Blue Moon lease terminates May 31 but you're definitely OK for April. I's a lovely location right on the water and I would go to their website and then give them a call to see what they suggest. Enjoy!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon has always been excellent, nice setting, pretty views. I'm not sure about the new management as we did have dinner at the Cellar in Red Hook last summer and didn't like it at all. Maybe it was just an off night because other reviews had been good and was recommended highly by local friends. But it wasn't a go for us. I hope Blue Moon doesn't change...

8. Re: Blue Moon Cafe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 18:17