We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building A at Sapphire Beach

Shelby Township...
10 posts
Building A at Sapphire Beach

Can anyone tell me about the views or maybe send me pics of it, from blding A 2nd floor, renting a unit there that is not on VRBO. Any info would be great, THX!!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,193 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Building A at Sapphire Beach

The view is great. You look north and east and can see many cays, as well as Jost, Tortolla, and St. John. I was one of thr very first buyers at Sapphire and had my choice of any unit and any building. I chose the A building because of the view and the location on the best part of the beach.

If you send me a PM and give me your email address and unit number I can givr you more informatio .

By the way the picture to the left is from my balcony.

Edited: 05 August 2011, 16:29
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,160 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Building A at Sapphire Beach

There's not a bad view on Sapphire.

syracuse, N>Y>
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Building A at Sapphire Beach

I am actually looking to rent (2) units hopefully together in Bldg A or B for July 27-Aug 5 next year. I have checked out VRBO but can never tell which buildings the units are in. We stayed on the 2nd floor in "A" last year and had the BEST vacation ever but the owners are only renting out one of their units thus the need to find a 2nd. There are six of us in our family. Also another family traveling with us willbe looking for a unit in A or B.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
154 reviews
4. Re: Building A at Sapphire Beach

we rented from one owner who has units on the 2nd floor in bldgs D and A. Some of these are corner units which add another window by the bed and a better balcony view (and no neighbors on one side). We chose to stay in bldg D because of the location. It offers an excellent view with no trees and is away from the dive center and the swimming beach where most folks congregate. It is near the swimming pool but that was relatively quiet as compared to the swimming beach area while we were there over Easter.

But I'm sure all bldgs are nice, and I agree with going to the the 2nd floor - it's important to us for more privacy on the balcony and of course better views. You don't have direct access to the beach from the upper floors but that's not a big deal. If you want contact info let me know, these are beautiful units that are very nicely updated and we were very comfortable in the "older" unit.

syracuse, N>Y>
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Building A at Sapphire Beach

crmoores, we may have rented from the same owner. Is her name Shelia..because I know they own (2) in "D" and (2) in "A" which we rented last year. If so how did you like the units in "D". We just liked being a little closer to the beach. I appreciate any info you might be able to share. Mike

Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
154 reviews
6. Re: Building A at Sapphire Beach

I sent you an IM Mike. We liked bldg D because it was close to the water and the marina and pool. Nice spot and a short walk to the more crowded swimming beach. As Beautiful Bill (I think?) once pointed out to me bldg D was once more lively and a bit noisier when the pool bar was open. But with the pool bar closed (unfortunately) it's a great spot.

I'll send a couple pictures from the balcony, you can see videos and pics of the rooms on the website of course.

Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
154 reviews
7. Re: Building A at Sapphire Beach

forgot to add we're just down the road in Elmira...

bonney lake...
1 post
1 review
8. Re: Building A at Sapphire Beach

Hi,

we will be renting one of the condo's you rented from Sheila in Feb. I've gotta tell you though, there have been some pretty bad reviews on the resort itself. What is your opinion of the resort, any advice? Also, how were the condo's you rented from Sheila.

thanyou

syracuse, N>Y>
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Building A at Sapphire Beach

The condo we rented A208 and A209 from Shelia last July and LOVED the condo. Totally updated with high end furnishing. My favorite part was the table they built into the railing that allows you to eat/drink and look out directly into the water. Trust me you will love the condo. As far as Sapphire Resort goes as a whole if you have realistic expectations you are going to love it there. The vibe is very laid back/casual and with the condos right on the beach it is as conveinent as it gets. It's great to be able to go back to the room and get a bit to eat and a drink and not have to walk but a few feet. It really is our families favorite vacation spot. We love St. John but there are very few places you can stay there right on the beach like at Sapphire. I also get a kick out of the poor reviews this place gets. Mainly it must be from people who are looking for a Four Seasons type resort. or just didn't do the planning it takes to make sure you rent a updated unit. Have a great, relaxing time. We will be staying in A209 and A207 again this July.

10. Re: Building A at Sapphire Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 05:15