We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

us virgin island vacation

Memphis
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
us virgin island vacation

My husband and I are planning a trip to us virgin islands in June. I have been reading so many reviews....I love it. For anyone who would like to brief me.....I am looking for all-inclusive resort, great beach, snorkeling, and nightlife. Any info from anyone would be fantastic! Thanks.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,219 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: us virgin island vacation

Hi, Karen. I see nobody's responded, so I'll take the plunge :-)

From what I've seen and heard, all-inclusives in the Virgin Islands are not that popular. I guess it's because it's a US territory, so you can pretty much eat anywhere safely and at all prices.

However, I think several properties have all-inclusive as an option:

1. Bolongo - good nightlife, ok beach, not known for snorkeling. Great if you have kids. Very casual atmosphere.

2. Wyndham Sugar Bay - nightly entertainment, very limited beach, not known for snorkeling.

3. Marriott's Frenchman's Reef - pricey food, ok beach, not known for snorkeling.

Sapphire Resort is the only property that has decent snorkeling, and it's close to good snorkeling at Coki Beach. I don't think they have an all-inclusive, though. They have entertainment, though I don't think every night. Known for their Sun afternoon beach party.

On St John, I think the Westin has all-inclusive, but I've never heard anything good about their beach.

Most people who come to the Virgin Islands don't confine themselves to a resort - they get around and see the island. You'll have to get the contact numbers for properties mentioned above from this website, and I suggest you reserve as soon as possible. Lots of people do summer vacations here, especially on St. John.

st louis, mo
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: us virgin island vacation

First off....

all inclusive.....don't worry about that! You can splurge every day out and about and still not spend as much as you would for all inclusive.

RENT A CAR! (Budget has been great for us the past few times...go through travelocity to get their promise...$250 for a week)

Once you have a car then you can see all the beaches and snorkel where you want. All the beaches are public, so visit the Ritz Carlton beach, it's great and for a small fee Meghan's beach. *If you drive like a crazy loon when you pull up to Meghan's they will think you are a local and charge you less....lol

As far as night life, there isn't a whole lot but be sure to get "leid' at Duffy's Love Shack in red hook, take home a few of the mugs.

If you have more questions, please feel free to email. We are headed back the end of May...CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Trayc

trayc_hicks@hotmail.com