We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another weather question!

colorado
3 posts
Save Topic
Another weather question!

Paranoid now that I read that it might rain all week begining June. Was that a joke? I wasn't sure. Looked at online forecast but it varied from site to site. I hope it's sunny. Leaving wind/cold/dreariness and hoping we aren't spending $3500 on airfare for rain. Worried!

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another weather question!

Weather forecasters have enough trouble predicting tomorrow's weather let alone a week or (almost) two in advance.

Steve

colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Another weather question!

Thanks. We have experienced a very pricey beach vacation that resulted in being cooped up due to rain and we don't want to repeat that. It was torture! I don't mind a nice afternoon thunderstorm, but all day clouds would make us want to use our trip insurance on this one! We'll check forecast as it gets closer and hope we don't ahve to cancel.

Edited: 27 May 2012, 00:03
Michigan
Level Contributor
131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another weather question!

We just got back and the entire week before it kept saying 40-60 percent chance of rain. It was beautiful everyday from 6 a.m.-9 everyday. It rained late at night but I was sleeping! Even when we were there it said it was going to rain and it never did.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another weather question!

I think the DE's for St. Thomas get this question so often that we tire of answering it.

DO NOT CHECK THE WEATHER FORCAST.

It predicts some rain every day and it is accurate. It rains someplace everyday or almost everyday for a short time unless a front stalls. The weather will be fine.

if you want to worry, figure out how you can avoid a sunburn!

Mentioned in this post
St. Thomas
St. Thomas
U.S. Virgin Islands
colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Another weather question!

Thanks! We'll stop worrying about it. We do enjoy a daily shower, just so it doesn't rain all day everyday !

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another weather question!

got here fri. same forcast before we left. haven't seen a drop. weather couldn't be better. sunny low humidity. don't worry be happy.

7. Re: Another weather question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:43