We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Hook

Boston...
Level Contributor
104 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Red Hook

Can anyone recommend any good restaurants in Red Hook?

Edited: 30 September 2013, 16:48
St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Hook

For lunch in particular, and dinner my personal choice is XO Bistro - I was won over initially by the ease of parking and have since enjoyed the variety and prices of the food, the wines available by the glass, the A/C and comfortable bar and the professional staff. In contrast to many of the other restaurants it has only improved over the years and has an enviable longevity in the ever changing cast of area establishments.

In the interest of full disclosure I admit I only make the drive to the far East on rare monthly occasions - even though STT is a small island my daily driving routine doesn't extend east much past the TuTu shopping district and most of my life is spent on the northside or west of Charlotte Amalie

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Hook

There is quite a variety in food, cost, and atmosphere. Most of the restaurants are pretty good. I would say go to vieats.com and navigate to the east end. Seeing the menus and prices will give you a good start. Also consider if you want open air, view, enclosed, or just concerned about the food.

I eat at most of them depending on my mood, the weather, and if it is lunch, dinner, or snack.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
820 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Hook

Pesce and The Cellar on the high end of the price scale and Island Time Pub in American Yacht Harbor of the more modest side.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Hook

We tend to frequent the more casual spots with good food in Red Hook when visiting the area and we haven't yet tried XO Bistro or some of the other nicer restaurants so our feedback may not be of any help.

We like Island Time overlooking the American Yacht Harbor for the comfortable open-air atmosphere and their excellent pizza. Latitude 18 across the bay is a must, their ribs and roti were excellent last January and it's a fun experience. We liked Fish Tales for the fish, but COCO Blue was a letdown as we were expecting more based on the many recommendations of locals. We were not impressed with Molly Malone's but it's a fun spot when there's a musician and others like it there. And we were disappointed with the BBQ take out at the Texas Pit BBQ, it was so bad that we ended up going back out for dinner.

Boston...
Level Contributor
104 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Hook

Thanks. The America Yacht Harbor sounds great!

6. Re: Red Hook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 18:35
Virginia
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Hook

It's XO for me 95% of the time. Great menu, interesting specials, fast service and a smile. What more could I want? Location in a strip mall doesn't lend itself to feeling tropical but I get plenty of that during the rest of my day.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Red Hook

You might want to check the TA Review Section for reviews of the various restaurants.

Steve

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Red Hook

XO is one of our favorites. Just wish it had a better location, but you can't have it all.

Mike in Tulsa

St. Thomas
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Red Hook

Here is a list of all the places to choose from in Red Hook:

islandwilson.com/blog/…