We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental advice

State College...
6 posts
Save Topic
car rental advice

Hello all! I have been enjoying reading all of the posts. My husband and I have just booked a May vacation to St. John. We are in the process of getting everything together.

My question is this--I am only 24 years old, not the required 25 for car rentals. I know that usually there is just a surcharge for being younger, but earlier today I spoke with Thrify and found out that to rent a Jeep Wrangler, you must be 25.

I am wondering if some of the more local non-chain car rental services on St. Thomas or St. John do not abide by such a policy?

Kansas
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental advice

Jess -

I've read on other websites that the Budget rental car on St Thomas is the only place that will rent to people under 25. You can rent a jeep there and take it to St John on one of the ferries that transports cars. Hope this helps -

Carolyn

Baltimore
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental advice

I am not sure if L&L has an age restriction but I highly recommend them

Orlando,FL
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental advice

Also have the same problem. Only 23 myself.

I've been on L&L's website and it doesn't say anything about

an age requirement, but that doesn't exactly guarantee anything.

Anyone have anymore information on this?

THanks

Chicago, IL
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental advice

i know that C & C only rents if you're over 25.

when you're renting a car (if you rent in STT), make sure they let you take it over to STJ... i know that some dont and will actually charge hefty fees if you do.

5. Re: car rental advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 00:20