We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orchid Villa, Klein Bay

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Orchid Villa, Klein Bay

Has anybody stayed at Orchid Villa recently? Would love to hear about the property! Is there any construction going on nearby?

9 replies to this topic
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orchid Villa, Klein Bay

I have not stayed there in a while. I love the location.

Duxbury...
Level Contributor
512 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orchid Villa, Klein Bay

If you have not seen them there are some reviews on Trip Advisor at this villas trip advisor website. Just do not let the Trip Advisor price that appears scare you. they seem to be quoting the maximum price for the most people in high season whenever I have looked in the past. BUt I do not know about this Villa although I checked it out a few years ago and it was not big enough for our group.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
148 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orchid Villa, Klein Bay

I wasn't crazy about it.

We had issues with mosquitos in the main room. It did rain the entire week we were there.

The steps to the house are slippery when wet.

We could not put our clothes in the dressers because they were musty.

I didn't like how you could hear the road. Sound seems to carry there.

Edited: 03 April 2017, 13:13
Potomac Falls...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orchid Villa, Klein Bay

Hey Buster - did you end up booking Orchid Villa? I have the same question - I'm seriously looking at it. I'm a little concerned about your not so great experience, Snorkel. Have you stayed in any similarly priced villas you can recommend?

Pa.
Level Contributor
5,711 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orchid Villa, Klein Bay

Mickey, are you looking to be on Klein Bay? Orchid also has a sister property Oleander for rent. I did talk to someone some time ago about these properties and they were also high on the list, though neither have stayed there. I do believe loft has no a/c, so would be likely to get mosquitos if you open windows and there are no screens. Best to talk with property management about your concerns and look for reviews for either property. I believe they were built at the same time and are almost the same and managed by the same company. There was no construction there in October. Very peaceful area yet close to Cruz Bay.

Carnival is right on the beach. They used to also rent their 2 studios next to the main home and we were planning to stay there next trip, but they took them off the rental market and only rent them with the house now. I think pricing is similar and you are beachfront.

https://www.vrbo.com/915660…

Belle Mer is also right on Klein Bay, but is more $$$

Mentioned in this post
Cruz Bay
Cruz Bay
St. John
Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Orchid Villa, Klein Bay

Snorkel2007

Aside from flies and road noise, did you enjoy the property location? Did you walk to and swim Klein Bay, how was it? Was there any construction going on next door/nearby?

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Orchid Villa, Klein Bay

Mickey

We booked Orchid for August and hoping for best. I haven't been able to get any recent reviews, other than the ones above.

New Hampshire...
Level Contributor
1 post
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orchid Villa, Klein Bay

We (family of four) stayed at Orchid Villa in late February 2017. There was some construction next door to the right (daytime 8am-3pm?). As we were out and about during the day, it didn't bother us - they were always gone for our pre-dinner quiet/pool time. No real construction on the peninsula that could have impacted the view. The house and pool were great. Overall - a wonderful stay.

Colorado
Level Contributor
710 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Orchid Villa, Klein Bay

I suspect post IRMA there will be construction pretty much everywhere on the island. Good news - work is generally from 7 to 3:30.

Happy Hunting

Reply to: Orchid Villa, Klein Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted