We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin St John: 3 BR Pool Villa: Feedback?

Rowayton...
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Westin St John: 3 BR Pool Villa: Feedback?

Greetings, all!

I am contemplating renting a 3 BR villa with private pool at the Westin St John through a private owner for President's week 2008. I believe the unit is in building 41.

I understand that many of these timeshare villas have been renovated, but the owner was unsure, and didn't feel as though the unit had been renovated within the past two years.

Is there anyone out there who has had an experience with the 3 BR pool villa within the past year or so? If so, how did you find the accommodations?

Any other insights into the Villas would be most welcome. I've been to St John a number of times. Stayed at the Westin for the millenium celebration in 1999/2000, and found the general rooms to be a bit on the small side.

Stayed at Caneel in 2004, which we loved, but the kids are getting bigger and the rooms there are small as well.

Please send me your feedback on the Westin villas!

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
177 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin St John: 3 BR Pool Villa: Feedback?

We stayed in one last Feb. we rented from a private owner that manages theirs plus several others http://www.stjohncondos.com/3bedfacs.htm

We were in a large group, 16 total travelers and rented several timeshares from them for our group.

The unit was clean and well kept. It hadn't been remodeld and I don't remember which building. It was laid out with a nice master suite down and two bedrooms up. The pool and patio are very nice. Keep in mind these units are across the street from Great Cruz Bay were the pool and restruants are. The Westin will send a stretch golf cart antime you want to go to the main resort. It units are also convient to Cruz Bay and all of its sights. The resort is also very kid friendly as they have lots of activities at the beach and pool for them.

Hope thi is helpful.

Jay

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin St John: 3 BR Pool Villa: Feedback?

We stayed with friends in 2006 in 4111 and this year in 4210. Neither of these were remodeled but they were still nice. Loved 4111 because of the location.

The bedrooms were big, especially the master suite. The kitchen, living room, dining area are all open and one big room. The kitchen is a bit on the small side but its fine. Big bathrooms. The laundry room in 4111 is larger than 4210.

hope this helps.

Lincoln, MA
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin St John: 3 BR Pool Villa: Feedback?

Unless you're wedded to being at the Westin, I'd recommend renting a private villa over the 3bedrm. pool villa at the Westin. Altough the units are spacious, I think they're overpriced compared to a private villa--especially since the pool itself is small, you are in a somewhat claustrophic walled in courtyard and you get no water view at all. Also, the three bedrm. units on the side farthest from the Westin entrance are adjacent to the Westin truck driveway and there can be a lot of noise. If I'm going to be spending upwards of $1200/night (perhaps more now), I want a great view at the very least. As always, it depends on what your priorities are.

Chicago, IL
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin St John: 3 BR Pool Villa: Feedback?

I'm going to agree with STJtropigal. unless you're set on staying at the Westin, their prices are outrageous. you can get a villa with a private pool and hot tub for considerably less than what the westin charges. Check out villas in Virgin Grand Estates (right above the Westin Villas). We just returned from a trip where we stayed in a 4br villa with our own pool, hot tub, sat. tv, wifi, huge kitchen and amazing view of the sunset for about 1/2 the price of a stay in a 2 bedroom villa at the Westin.

The only thing that the Westin is good for is the 175 in "mongoose dollars" you can get if you sit through one of their time share sales pitches.

pm me if you wnat to know which company we rented the villa through (or which villa). i'm not in any way employed or associated with any of the rental companies... we just did a lot of research before deciding where to stay.

5. Re: Westin St John: 3 BR Pool Villa: Feedback?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 20:20