We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental agencies in St. John

Level Contributor
235 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Rental agencies in St. John

We wondered about Carefree Getaways rental agency.

We are looking into the Cruz Bay area traveling with teens and wanted to rent a villa or condo.

Vacation Vistas had nice properties as well.

Has anyone stayed at Grand Horizons condo?

We have looked into renting Westin villas from owners but have not had any luck contacting owners directly. Thank you.

This site is so helpful. Early Brass you are very helpful.

First trip to St. John for us in Spring 2006.

Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental agencies in St. John

I have not used Carefree, but I have seen no bad comments on them. As for Vacation Vistas, they get a lot of very positive comments from renters about their friendly, helpful service. Their houses are well liked, in particular Ristaba, Idyllic, Splendore and Argonauta.

About the only agency getting bad comments is Island Getaways. Mostly about very poor service and difficulty with getting confirmations and property info, not complaints about the villas themselves. Indeed, one person commented that the hassle was worth it for the house.

You might want to see if there are any auctions on Ebay for Westin Villas. Timeshare auctions are very big.

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental agencies in St. John

You might also want to check out Lavender Hill Condos. They're on Cruz Bay with an easy, 5 minute, flat walk to town. Nice pool, complimentary laundry, and another plus when traveling with teens is that the 2 bedroom units have twin beds so no kids have to share a bed. (It might not matter to your kids, but my teen boys HATE sharing a queen bed when we go on vacation.) The condos are not terribly fancy, but they have everything you might need, and are relatively economical. Laundry is even complimentary. Check out their website.

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor