We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolate Hart

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
midwest
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Chocolate Hart

Does anyone know anything about this villa listed with Destination St John? They don't offer any pictures yet but with kids, it might be a good house for us. Hate to consider without seeing it but I see it's booking up in my time slot (Dec). thanks!

CT
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolate Hart

i read great reviews about this villa on a previous trip report and was curious about renting chocolate hart too... we are going in january with our 18 month old. i called destination st john and asked them about pics and they said none are available because the owners "aren't quite done with it yet." sounds fishy to me. how will they rent a villa without any pictures?? we rented the Leeward villa. check out carefreegetaways.com good luck!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolate Hart

Was just googling around and ran across your posting. As strange as it may seem, I'm actually the buyer of this villa, expecting to close in the next 45 days. While I'm obviously biased, I can assure you that the Chocolate Hart villa is something to behold. All new with plenty of space and ammenities for families with kids and without. Destination St. John is in the process of organizing pictures and the presentation layout. Would suggested renting it now at today's prices, because we do anticipate raising them based on the speed with which it has been renting out.

Hope you enjoy and would appreciate your feedback.

Jim Thames

jimthames@yahoo.com

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chocolate Hart

While I don't know about Chocolate Hart itself, I can tell you that Destination St. John is a respected and legitimate rental agency on St. John. We're rented through them before, and they were very professional and on the up and up. They probably just don't think pictures with ladders, tools and scaffolding would do much to sell the place;-) Be patient. They're not trying to mislead you, I'm sure.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chocolate Hart

STJohnaholic - Can you tell me where you found the review? I searched 5 websites and found nothing on Chocolate Hart.

Jaknjul - Destination St John is slow in posting photos on new properties. It seems I waited forever on Great Escape! They are widely considered one of the most reliable of the agencies on an island with some of the best rental agents I've run across. I would, however, like to see the inside before renting to be sure it matched my taste.

Lots of new villas entered the market this year. Have fun choosing!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
991 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chocolate Hart

We were told by Destination St John that it is "being sold" and is not available as a rental.