We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Pass at Westin?

Save Topic
Day Pass at Westin?

I'll be staying in a villa off of Great Cruz Bay.

Will have 3 teenage boys with me.

Thought one afternoon they might like to go experience the pool/activities over at the Westin.

Is there a facilities/day pass available from the Westin?

Thanks,

Jorge

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,292 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Pass at Westin?

You don't need a pass. Just a credit card or cash. We go hang out at least one day every year. We dive with Cruz Bay Watersports there every morning and we stay and have lunch & drinks. We've never stayed there but have always felt welcome. The kids had a blast on the water trampaline, riding the jet skis (with an adult) and parasailing. If you're spending money, thwy don't care if you're a guest or not!!

Harrisburg
Level Contributor
527 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Pass at Westin?

From my past experiences, the Westin is welcoming to visitors, no pass needed

Save Reply
3. Re: Day Pass at Westin?

That's good to know. I was hoping that would be the case.

I thought I had read somewhere that they discouraged people from using the pool etc.

Thanks,

Jorge

atlanta, ga
Level Contributor
248 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Pass at Westin?

Hung out there a couple of afternoons on our last stay. It is true; if you are spending money...no worries. As they said, in Cousin Vinny just blend. Bring towels, since you have to have a room # to get beach towels.

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Pass at Westin?

They have signs posted that all beach/pool chairs and equipment is for registered guests only. Lately they have been asking people if they belong there.

Just blend in and you probably won't be bothered.

Its the non Westin towels at the pool that gives you away.

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Pass at Westin?

Were staying at the Westin in 1 week and then joining friends at a villa for another week. The villa is very close to the Westin. So if we hold on to our keys and forget to return our pool towels we should have no problem using the pools?

Do they ever use wrist bands or is it more casual than that?

Thanks,

G

jersey shore
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Pass at Westin?

As of late Jan they were using a new system that included a towel pass card we were given upon arrival. I don't think you can get towels w/o it. So registered guests are getting the priority. It may be hard to at least get their hotel towels, but as other said spend some money at the bar/restaurant and I am sure they will be happy to take it.

new york
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Pass at Westin?

If you do not return the towels and you are staying at the resort you will find a substantial charge on your credit card when you return back home.

They have gotten very strict with non-resort people using the facilities,sitting on chairs,and creating more crowded conditions.

I sometimes wonder if villa guests would enjoy finding a person who is not paying to stay at their villa experiencing their pool/space and activities.

The Westin does want to sell timeshares so I suggest contacting that office if you want to use the facilities.

9. Re: Day Pass at Westin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 14:20