We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa thru Vacation Vistas? Since it's a brand new villa, I'm interested to hear what people think.

Louisiana
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

FZNsandals: Do you have Beach Garden reserved or have you stayed there? I just booked it for later this month.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
680 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

I have stayed at both the Gibney Beach and the Gibney Garden Villas, about six years ago when they were fairly new. I have kept in touch with Teri Gibney since and love Gibney beach. The front beach villa is like a very large studio with a separate nice bath with shower and door to an outdoor shower (no privacy), good for washing up from the beach; the kitchen was OK with a really nice indoor eating area. We had breakfast on the porch each morning (porch has a ceiling fan). The back garden villa has an upstairs loft with bed and door to deck (not much of a view as I remember). Downstairs there is a small kitchen, bedroom, bath, and very small eating area. At the time we stayed, not much indoor seating. There is a large back deck for eating, but we had more than our share of flying insects when sitting down to eat. I much prefer the front Beach Villa, but it is really designed for two people. The beach is spectacular and it is all yours early in the morning and late in the day. It is never very crowded.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
680 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

Sorry, just realized this is a different villa...oops.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

I do have it booked in Oct. I can't wait to go. The pictures look wonderful. Please give a TR when you return.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

FZNsandals: So I'll be the one giving you the report! I'm pleased with my choice and I'm sure the villa won't disappoint. I spoke with someone who stayed in one of the villas above Beach Garden a couple of weeks ago and he loved the breezes and location. The Pond Bay construction didn't bother him at all - I'm hoping for the same.

Gibney Garden Cottage was one of our choices but since we've already been on several "beach" vacations this year, we opted for a more "island" feel and booked this southshore villa. Hubby also required internet amenities for work (this is an extra vacation for him so he may have to work a bit). One of these days, we're going to rent one of those Gibney cottages-the location is terrific.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

Cindyhas3: Yes, you'll be the first to give a TR on this villa. I'll be looking forward to it. I've seen nothing but good reviews for Vacation Vistas and Lisa was very helpful. Are you renting a vehicle? Did you book it through Lisa?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,538 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

Have this villa booked for January 2009. It looks great. The location is perfect with "beach" access and a beautiful pool. Right now construction noise from Pond Bay can't be heard at the villa but that of course could change. I think the price is great also.

B.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

Vacation Vistas reserved our jeep with Cool Breeze. We got a 10% discount for being Vacation Vistas customers so the price was right.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

Cindyhas3, How was your stay at Beach Garden Villa?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone stayed at the Beach Garden Villa?

Just returned from St John last week. Yes, we were there during hurricane Omar, the last flight into St Thomas and the last ferry over to St John before the hurricane made landfall. Luckily, St John wasn’t in the eye of the storm and didn’t endure much damage.

First off I would like to comment on how accommodating Vacation Vistas was during the hurricane threat – because they were worried that Beach Garden Villa probably wasn’t the best place to be during the hurricane, with our safety their #1 concern - they put all 8 of us up in a room at the Westin for two nights, not skimping on any of the luxuries we may have expected while staying at the villa. As soon as the hurricane had passed Wed night/early Thurs morning, they had the villa ready for us by noon Thursday.

Upon our arrival to the villa, all 8 of us were pleasantly surprised at how lucky we were to be staying at such a lovely place during our vacation! This house is absolute luxury and has beautiful views of Chocolate Hole. Each bedroom with private bathroom was perfect for our party of 4 couples with all rooms being equally luxurious. We found ourselves spending a lot of our time on the deck enjoying the views and the nice pool. Vacation Vistas checked in on us occasionally throughout our stay to confirm our stay was pleasant.

I wouldn’t hesitate to book another vacation through Vacation Vistas in the future and definitely hope to have the opportunity to stay at the Beach Garden Villa again. Thumbs Up for Vacation Vistas and the Beach Garden Villa!