We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding on St. John but stay on St. Thomas

NY
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Wedding on St. John but stay on St. Thomas

Is it possible to get married in one of the small churches on St. John and have a reception there as well and then take the ferry back to St. Thomas and stay there?

CT
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Wedding on St. John but stay on St. Thomas

Stay away from the Wyndam in St John! My husband and I stayed there on our first vacation as a couple many years ago and just went back 2 years ago for a night before we took our flight home from st john. our room was filthy and the entire hotel has gone very much downhill. we were so disappointed and checked out immediately. we ended up at the marriott frenchmans reef for a night which was fine.

definately stay in st john if your getting married there. there's tons of villas with a/c... although most are just a/c in bedrooms... great rooms are usually lofty, airy feel with ceiling fans. look at destinationstjohn.com, carefreegetaways.com or islandhideaways.com and check out villas in your price range. pia is right, no food is included, you cook for yourself or you can get some great food cheap at the locations listed in previous posts. much luck and congrats in advance!

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Wedding on St. John but stay on St. Thomas

I think stjohnaholic refers to the Wyndham on St Thomas not St John (there is no Wyndham on STJ) We had 3 guests that stayed on STT at an all inclusive it was either the Wyndham or ???????? (dont remember the name but I'll post when I do) and it was terrible, cockroaches in the rooms, rooms were dirty and smelled horrible, but then again I have read some great reviews of all inclusives on STT so I'm not sure what the criteria (sp) is for having a good experience.