We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Villa Suggestion for < $2500 in May

Ohio
Level Contributor
288 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Best Villa Suggestion for < $2500 in May

Hi all,

I've been searching the St. John forums like CRAZY, and I'm still overwhelmed by the choices. I've also checked out some villa rental sites (Carribeanvillas.com, Cloud 9, etc.), and again, still VERY overwhelmed.

HELP!

Specifics:

Need a villa for 2 (mid 20's couple) from May 16 - 24th, 2009

Prefer $2500 or less

Prefer A/C (at least in one bedroom)

Must have a pool

Need help finding the best view for this price

Don't want anything too "run down"

Would prefer to be "close" to some sort of restaurants/night life, but would be willing to sacrifice for view/villa condition

Recent personal views would be much appreciated!

Thanks AGAIN for your help forum!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Villa Suggestion for < $2500 in May

Check out Reef Madness. It's a beautiful clothing optional setting on top of the the hill that gets the last sun in Coral Bay. Skinny Legs, Island Blues, Aqua Bistro, Sweet Plantains, Miss Lucy's and Shipwreck Landing are the nearby restaurants & nightlife. The decor is very up to date and high end.

Killer full moon May 9. Great moonrise and sunrise every day. Sunsets about 4:30 over Bordeaux Mountain.

www.vivacations.com/viewproperty.aspx…

The owners, Randy & Marcia, are tres cool. We visited friends there in November and had a wild time. When we stayed across Coral Bay in March we watched the sun kiss the top of the hill each evening. My daughters said "Can we stay there next time?"

Cheers, RickG

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Villa Suggestion for < $2500 in May

If you want to be on the Cruz Bay side of the island I recommend Morgan Point. It is a little older looking, but is very well kept. AC,pool and hot tub. and a killer view.

http://carefreegetaways.com/morganpoint.html

Here are a few that we have on our list to think about:

www.destinationstjohn.com/hale_lani.html

http://www.destinationstjohn.com/paloma.htm

http://www.destinationstjohn.com/amorita.htm

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Villa Suggestion for < $2500 in May

I also recommend being on the Cruz Bay side of the island for your first visit. Here are a few suggestions:

www.caribbeanvilla.com/islandtime/index.html

www.caribbeanvilla.com/arco_iris/index.html

www.caribbeanvilla.com/carnival/index.html

www.caribbeanvilla.com/seawatch/seawatch.html

Now, let me make another suggestion. Because of the recession, I have noticed "special" pages on villa rental sites are massive and incredible deals. You use to never see "25%" off deals in season. I expect this trend to continue well past your dates. If you are willing to take a risk, you should be able to snag an excellent villa at a bargain basement price, or simply save a lot of money on a villa you are interested in, by late March or early April for your May trip. There is very little risk involved in waiting this year and the payoff should save you several hundred dollars.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Villa Suggestion for < $2500 in May

ACB points out Island Time, this is a good villa that has not had it's price increased to reflect improvements this fall. The pool is nice and the Devers Bay setting is very private with a short drive to Cruz Bay. The furnishings are standard villa/beach house style.

Cheers, RickG

Ohio
Level Contributor
288 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Villa Suggestion for < $2500 in May

Many of these villas look great, but many are booked during the week we will be traveling! :(

Thank you everyone for your help! I will continue my search!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Villa Suggestion for < $2500 in May

Try:

http://www.stjohnusvi.com/homes.html

I think they may have the most extensive listing of/ links to villa agencies

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Villa Suggestion for < $2500 in May

JConnor....

Here is a 2-bedroom villa that is totally air-conditioned and has a pool and jacuzzi. It falls within your price range, and appears to have availability for the time you need it.

www.vacationvistas.com/Villas/Time-Out.htm

This is a fairly recent and very favorable review of the above property.

virgin-islands-on-line.com/sj/sjhotelreviews…

8. Re: Best Villa Suggestion for < $2500 in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 02:18