We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool Breeze Car Rental

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Cool Breeze Car Rental

Unfortunately, I had to post this. Rented a 'jeep' from them, reserving 6-8 weeks ahead of time through Gallows Point. Due to taxis delays on STT, Gallows forgetting to pick us up at the ferry, etc, we were a bit late, just after 5ish to pick up our car.

After being accosted by them for being late, they brought us 'downtown' only to find after an hour of calls and waiting around that our car was nowhere to be found. They left us with a beat-up Vitara with no rearview mirror in a back parking lot, loitering area of Cruz Bay to find our way back. We were promised that we would not have to pay for this day of rental.

The next morning we were given a replacement, a Jeep with no windows, soaking wet seats and poor brakes. After telling us 'take it or leave it', we took it for a day until they found us a jeep with windows.

On checkout with them, they 'forgot' they had promised us a free day for the inconvenience of spending a half day in paradise sorting out where our car was. After arguing with the owner who was less than cordial for a small business owner, he agreed to waive the first day and charged my credit card for the remainder.

Today, two and a half weeks later, he decided to cash the 'deposit' check I sent him about two months before we arrived. Payback I suppose, but very poor customer service.

I understand things are tough there, but for $80 a day its no bargain. We were told by Gallows that Cool Breeze is 'the best' of a bunch of bad rental car agencies.

I'll stick to renting on STT through a business who understands how reservations are made and how not to pinch every penny they can out of customers without much recourse. There is no excuse for this behavior, shame on Cool Breeze.

Find someone else on STJ who deserves your money.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I forwarded your post to gallows point as they have reserved one for us for a week in March. They have a deposit already. I will see what Gallows says and maybe I can get my deposit back. Thanks for the warning. How was your stay at Gallows? Great weather here in Boston, right!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

Sorry to hear about that. I do hope, though, that you'll find time to report on some of your other experiences while on STJ.

Montana City...
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

Courtsey was great. :)

kod
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I rented from Cool Breeze on 2 occasions and they were OK. The last time, the car's alarm kept going on, but they replaced it without a hassle. And the new car's side mirror was knocked off when we were parked and they did not charge us extra. Nevertheless, we are renting from Courtesy next time as we are arriving late.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

Haha,

I was just struck by a little vitriol when I saw they cashed my check today. I figured there would be some retribution as the owner was quite miffed about the whole deal. The interent is my only revenge.

Second time to St. John and it was excellent. Rained a bit more tha usual, but never for more than 10 minutes. Gallows was fantastic, we stayed in unit 2C and had the best view off our deck ever. The waves lulled us to sleep every night. Brenda at Every Ting was great and did her best to sort it out for us. Great meals at La Tapa (paella), Zozo's at the bar, and the buffet breakfast at Caneel. Heartily recommend New Horizons II trip to the BVI, even if its pouring rain when you wake up (best weather we had turned out to be the rest of the day). Snorkeling was good at Salt Pond, off Gallows (eagle ray passing by, Caneel (turtles and rays), and even the Snuba at Trunk (very cool concept although could do less with them pawning the underwater photos of you during the short snuba). Renting a dinghy from Noah's Little arks not necessary but kind of fun/dangerous at the same time.

Wish I was headed back soon!!! Its snowing again here in Boston...

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

We rented from cool breeze 2 weeks ago. No problems our Dodge Nitro was ready when we got there. It was midday. It had 3000 miles on it and they had just finished cleaning it.

Returning it took all of 5 min. We rented for the week and the bill was under $500.

B.

7. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 14:21