We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another car rental question!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
487 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Another car rental question!!

Who has the most parking in their lots in Cruz Bay? We rented from Cool Breeze last year and had no problems. They let you park in their lot when you are in town but they only had 2 spots ( and 1 is tiny ). It was a great location, though. Can anyone recommend another rental agency that is close by and might have more parking available? Also, what vehicles that are readily available down there are the largest? We are only a family of 4 but my son is 6'6" and I need a car that he can be comfortable in the back seat or I am going to have to relinquish the front!!

Boston
Level Contributor
818 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Another car rental question!!

Hi,

I rented from St John Car Rental...worked out great!

We rented a Ford Explorer ($100 per day), the agency is located just a short walk from the dock. We parked in their lot a number of times during the week (day and night)no problem. They don't have a huge lot but we always managed to find two spots (our friend's also had a rental)

Larchmont, New York
Level Contributor
948 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another car rental question!!

others swear by conrad sutton.

please do be island polite though.

Florida
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Another car rental question!!

Avoid Conrad Sutton, I've seen way too many posts of terrible customer service and rude behavior.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,966 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another car rental question!!

St John Car rental has parking, every day except Saturday. Conrad Sutton has a large lot as well. We are renting from Varlack in April and I will report back on parking, but I have been told that there is never an issue getting parking with them.

Many people have had issues with Conrad, but I have seen first hand how un-friendly people can be and that is when they get poor customer service.

I am not saying that the abrupt customer service is appropriate. What I am saying is that after a long travel day, most people want to get their car and get to where they are going. That does not always equal a great attitude.

Our friends only rent with Conrad and have been for years, they love him and would never think of going somewhere else.

We rented from STJCR for years and moved to Varlack this year because we wanted a specific car.

I don't think you will have a problem with whomever you choose.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,911 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Another car rental question!!

We love Penn's - huge lot :)

Pia

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
487 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another car rental question!!

Thanks, everyone!! I'll check them all out! One of the things I like best about the Caribbean is the civility and politeness of the people and I am more than happy to reciprocate. We've seen some tantrums firsthand and wonder if those people know how dumb they sound.

Donna

Sandy Hook...
Level Contributor
218 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another car rental question!!

Maybe it was the time of the year but when were on STJ Jan. 24-31 we rented from STJ Car Rental and were able to use their lot only once. Two or three times we tried and they wouldn't let us in, said the spaces were reserved. The one time we were able to park was after they were closed, there was a spot at the end of the driveway we squeezed into.

Otherwise the people were professional, polite and the car was in good condition. Would rent from them again.

NJ
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Another car rental question!!

I shall be renting again from St John car rental this April. A ford explorer. Lots of room and they do have parking at their facility.

Id give them a call.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
487 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another car rental question!!

From searching previous posts, it seems like Penn's has the best location right in the middle of everything. I called and their prices are a little higher than some others but not bad. I am going to try them.

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

Centreville...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another car rental question!!

Does O'Connors have a lot and do they let you park there?