We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainbow Beach or Illios Villa

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Topic
Rainbow Beach or Illios Villa

Ugh,

Thought we had our decision but Cocolobo Villa is no longer available for rentals by the owner and Dolphin Run does have construction right off the pool deck area according to Caribbean Villas and no privacy vegetation planted yet.

So...

does anyone have insights on Rainbow Beach Villa in Johnson Bay - especially construction of low income project proximity or

Illios Villa in Hart Bay

Thanks in advance for any help

Florida
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainbow Beach or Illios Villa

tough call. I think they are both good. Personally I would probably choose Ilios due to location. I like staying on the Cruz Bay side better than Coral Bay. I've driven into the Johnson Bay estates to get a feel for Rainbow Beach villa, the area is a bit run down, but the villa itself seems nice. I did read once that swimming/snorkling at RB beach is not great if that matters. I do like the fact that RB is close to all the great Coral Bay eateries. And is also close to Salt Pond, Ram's Head and Lameshur.

Bottom line both villas look good. Just decide which side of the island you like best, then choose the appropriate villa.

If you have never been to St. John, then Ilios is your best bet.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,676 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainbow Beach or Illios Villa

We stayed at Ilios last June and really liked it.

The view is nice but not fabulous. The nighborhood is quiet.

The house is open air, no AC so keep that in mind. It was quite breezy so it was not an issue for us.

The only odd thing about the house is the the Living/dining/kitchen is in a different building than the master bedroom, so you have to walk outside to get back and forth and there are a lot of doors to lock to keep the house secure.

We would return in a heartbeat if it works out with our travel dates.

3. Re: Rainbow Beach or Illios Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 14:46