We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What will my villa be equipped with

bellingham, WA
10 posts
Save Topic
What will my villa be equipped with

I was wondering what to expect along the lines of condiments and thing like salt, pepper, coffee filters ect... Trying to bring the least amount of stuff but don't want to miss on important things. Thanks for your help!!

Grand Isle, VT
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What will my villa be equipped with

Best to check with your rental agency. In the past we've found all the necessary staples at the villa and some agencies provide you with a welcome basket that covers the staples and some treats.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What will my villa be equipped with

This year our vill had a ton of stuff. Coffee filters, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cooking spray, small bottle of olive oil, etc. This was all left by previous renters as things were half full.

Last year the villa had salt and pepper and that was it.

The year before, nothing. I mean, nothing at all.

It really depends on what the previous renters left behind. In most cases the villa or mgmt company does not provide you with these things.

I always pack some splenda and some coffee. I figure if there are no filters, I can use a paper towel in a pinch, but I usually try and get to the villa, check it out and then head to teh store for what I need.

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What will my villa be equipped with

I don't even know if the villa agencies keep up with all of it. Many items you see at the house are handed down from one renter to another. I have never not had salt and pepper and coffee filters.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What will my villa be equipped with

Caribbean Villas maid service throws/takes everything except salt and pepper and cabinet items. Most of the others leave condiments, left over liquor, etc. We usually find coffee filters. Westin villas get a starter pack including coffee.

Cheers, RickG

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What will my villa be equipped with

We rented a house 3 years ago and had a forum friend coming into the house the day we left. I called the management company office and left a huge note that the stuff in the bag should be left for the next guests.

They arrived and there was no bag, I was disappointed since there was a few small gifts in the bag.

I learned my lesson

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What will my villa be equipped with

We've been lucky to have a few things left in our villa, but I have always brought my own spices.

I buy the really small zip lock bags you find at arts and craft stores in the jewlery department. They're only about 3" high and maybe 1" wide. It's just big enough and small enough that I can pack them anywhere.

Rocky Top
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What will my villa be equipped with

i was told that the maid or cleaning services that attend to the villa inbetween renters consider the items left to be a perk and is a bonus for their services. I would assume they may never have to buy some items.

They should have had a happy time with all the booze I have left in the past.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What will my villa be equipped with

I used to clean villas when I was a property manager and staples were always left in the house. If there was anything perishable, I would take it or chuck it depending on what it was but I always left the staples.

For example:

Salt and Pepper- Left at the house

Opened mayo- chucked

Coffee filters- left at the house

Opened gallon of water- chucked (what if they drank from the bottle, ick)

Coffee- left at the house if it was a same day ( or few day) turn around, if not it came home with me.

I know that we had no set rule, but in general, I left stuff behind.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What will my villa be equipped with

We have experienced some just salt-pepper houses all the way to a very complete set up that included a full cabinet of spices, zip loc bags, paper plates, and a large assortment of liquours.

10. Re: What will my villa be equipped with

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2009, 05:34