We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Bay Villas?

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doylestown...
Level Contributor
688 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Bay Villas?

Hi - Next year vacationing with family of four. Our kids will be 12 and 9. We are now looking in the Coral Bay area. So far have found Sea Biscuit, Mayan Sky and La Sirena. We will be coming next July. Any input on these villas or any other suggestions? We need a/c and a pool. Hot tub would be nice but not sure if we really need it in July. Thanks for your help.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Bay Villas?

I think I answered you on the other forum, but if by chance you are a different poster, La Sirena does not have a/c and you will need it (imo) in July, at least I do as my a/c is on at night now :)

I have taken guests to La Sirena many times and for me anyway it would be waaaay too hot at night to sleep comfortably although it is a cute house and you should know it does share a driveway to another house that is seen (ie: right there in full view) from La Sirena.

Pia

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Bay Villas?

I can recommend Summerwind virgin-islands-on-line.com/forum/… It's on Bordeaux Mountain and very convienent to the Northshore beaches with a pool and hot tub and fabulous down-island view. No rough roads and/or driveway is a huge plus for this house. A/C in all rooms but we rarely need to use it. Less than 10 minutes to Coral Bay and little about 15 minutes to town. We leave tomorrow.

Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Bay Villas?

My wife and I stayed at "Fun and Contentment" and loved it. It has all your requirements. The pool was not very big, but plenty to splash around in. We loved spending the evenings in the hot tub watching the stars!

You may come across one bad review, but I would take that one with a grain of salt. It was a great villa for us!

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Bay Villas?

Pia - Thanks - Yes it is me!

Level Contributor
356 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Bay Villas?

Check out Rhumb Runners http://www.vrbo.com/139522

has AC, pool, views; 2nd bedroom can convert to 2 twins.

Windspree.com has lots of Coral Bay villas.

Also check out Reef Madness; it looks beautiful www.caribbeandays.com/villa.aspx?vid=1235

Villas that have 2 bedrooms with interior access (nice for families with kids) are: Caneel Trailside Cottage (pool); Fun and Contentment (pool and hot tub); Monkey No Climb (hot tub no pool); Moonswept (pool). Bo Atabey also looks great; not sure if bedrooms are interior access or not. From what I have read Moonswept has a very bumpy access road.

Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Bay Villas?

Doyle,

We stayed at the Sea Biscuit in July, 2007 and loved it - great location. The pool is great, the hot tub is small but we still used it at night. If you PM me, I can send you a slideshow of the house and area and give you more info.

Bissie

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Bay Villas?

Thank you all for all the great suggestions. I will continue researching. There are so many wonderful villas it is hard to choose.

8. Re: Coral Bay Villas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2009, 06:18