We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

Tennessee
4 posts
Save Topic
Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

Hello all! My wife and I have enjoyed reading the good posts here regarding St John villas for the past couple of weeks. Trouble is we are overwhelmed with ideas after several days of research. We are looking to book a villa in mid-August 2009 to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. There are so many available during this timeframe! We have been to St John once, but only as a day trip from St Thomas. We fell in love and can't wait to come back for a week-long stay.

Please help us with some good villa suggestions that fit the profile below. Wants are prioritized top to bottom...

Budget = $2500/wk max

Pool

AC (at least partial in bedrooms)

Very private pool/sundeck area (villa itself does not have to be secluded)

Hottub

Outdoor Grill

Breathtaking view (still unsure of specific areas)

Sorry post on such a common topic. Thanks in advance for any help!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

I have not stayed here but just read a review on it from another site. It is a new villa and it looks like it has everything you need, plus a great intro price

caribbeanvilla.com/bordeauxbreeze/index.html

You will have many options and many companies may be giving discounts, so be sure to check out the specials pages of the villa companies

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

One more that has been on our short list. It looks like Caribbean Villa is giving a pretty great discount on it as well

www.caribbeanvilla.com/islandtime/index.html

St. John, VI
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

check out Sunset Serenade at VRBO. Great view and everything else you are looking for

Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

Thank you all for your help! These villas and St John are all so beautiful. Your suggestions here are very much appreciated. We have shortened the list considerably today. We can't wait to be there!

One follow up question - where is your favorite area of the island to stay on?

We are mainly looking for a beautiful ocean view that is hopefully close to some good beaches and no further than 10-15 minutes from restaurants.

covington ga
Level Contributor
338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

meador,

most villas will have ocean views, some just more dramatic than others, and i can't think of an area than is over 15 minutes from good dining (but not all dining).

go with your heart after spending hours looking at the options and considering some of the sage advice you'll get her and on the viol board.

papabou

ps, taking the bride to maryville mid july for a visit with her 1st cuzins and i've got 2 days to kill (no menfolks allowed for their annual visit). any suggested natural view sites areas to see. did east tenn, asheville and smokies last year and up to tri cities & cumberland gap yr before. anything you can suggest in east mid tenn?

pb

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

I can tell you that Bordeaux Breeze is a really great villa. Solar heated pool and hot tub. Paved road all the way. Stunning view and quiet and private.

Another great villa up there is Summerwind. Also with stunning view, paved road and pool and hot tub. I just spent 3 weeks there and while I was on-islant I was able to tour Bordeaux Breeze.

Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

diana2 - thanks for the good suggestions. Bordeaux Breeze looks excellent, but I'm having difficulty finding reviews. How private was the deck/pool/hottub area? Also, are there any garden or outdoor showers there? (I don't see any in the pics.) Thanks!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

Here is another Caribbeanvilla property you might want to consider:

caribbeanvilla.com/orchidknoll/orchidknoll.h…

Friends stayed there for honeymoon. Very private, lovely villa. No hottub, though.

Contact Caribbeanvillas Portland, ME office and they will give you full details.

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

The deck, pool and hot tub are very private. The pool is solar heated which is quite rare on STJ. There's no way anyone is going to see you at this villa. It's what I would call clothing optional private.

There are no outdoor showers at this villa. All showers (3) are indoors and very nice tile showers. This home is very well appointed and one that I would definitely have on the top of my list if I were planning a trip for just my hubby and myself.

Kissimmee, FL
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Overwhelmed! Villa Selection for Anniversary Aug 2009

My wife and I just returned from celebrating our 30th anniversary on St. John. We stayed at In Harmony Retreat in Coral Bay. It has its own Web site and is listed on Home Away. It's a great couples place, two of everything and very private deck and pool area. The bedroom has AC and is up high enough on the hill to catch constant breezes. We could comfortably sit on the deck or in the living room. It has a small pool and large deck area.Coral Bay is a great area, close to great, casual restaurants and 10 to 20 minute drive to beach and snorkeling spots. We went into Cruz Bay one night we were there and wish we had stayed in Coral Bay. Enjoy, wish we were going back today.