We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool Breeze Car Rental

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cool Breeze Car Rental

I saw a few iffy postings about them from a few years ago. Does anyone have recent experience using their car rental service and can anyone recommend that I use them or stay away? Thanks.

kod
cherry hill
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I used Cool Breeze 2 times, the last being 2 years ago. Midway thru our week, the car alarm would not turn off, and we exchanged for another car without a problem. They are very close to the passenger ferry and that is a plus. They were perfectly fine to deal with.

Last year I used Courtesy because of a possible late arrival and I thought their car was newer and nicer. They are located pretty far from the ferry so they pick you up and take you to their little office. I am using Courtesy this April.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I wanted to use Courtesy but they are all sold out during our dates. Thanks for your post though. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

United States
Level Contributor
411 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

We used Cool Breeze twice in the past and had a very bad experience with them and would never use them again. It's a long story but we were appalled at their level of customer service. We have been extremely happy with St. John Car Rental - it is a difference of night and day.

SWP
Wargrave, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

We have not used Cool Breeze but we have used Denzil Clyne and found them to be a rip off. I would personally suggest renting on St Thomas from the airport and taking the car barge over to STJ. I would use one of the big companies, not a STJ island one as they nickel and dime you every step of the way. We were told that to rent a car on STT we were risking a big charge if we had a breakdown....HELLO!! We had a breakdown and were charged $50 (cash only) . for them to transport the car to STT. Funny though we saw the car being fixed the next day on STJ!

lincoln park, mi
Level Contributor
911 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

We have used Cool Breeze 5 times now and have been happy with them. We have had minor issues which they quickly resolved. Last May the Suzuki we wanted was not available that day and we got something bigger, I think it was a Nitro and were never charged more. They are not fussy about sand being in the vehicle upon return or much else really. No lot in town but we will definitely use them again.

green bay
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

I have rented from them on several occasions and have never had any issues. I have walked up to there window with no reservations and was driving away hassle free within 5 min. Would use them again in the future.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,675 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

We've rented several times from either Conrad Sutton or Delberts and had good experiences with both. We also heard about the problems with breakdowns if you rent from STT and don't want to risk those problems. Its very interesting to hear about the great number of varied experiences at the same places.

Our only "complaint" currently is how hard it is to get a truly small car. We tried several rental places starting in maybe July for our trip last week and were unable to secure anything but a car big enough to fit five which was way too much car for us-but we were stuck. Next trip, think I'll look 10 months in advance!

8. Re: Cool Breeze Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2010, 05:16