We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Party Update!

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Party Update!

Well, I went out yesterday, Jan 31st and they changed the location of the party. They call it a "Fish Fry" and it was held at the old Pickles spot in Coral Bay yesterday. Two of the key people who put the party on took position at the Pickles/St John Bar spot and will be cooking/bar-tending there on a regular basis. Because of that, the beach Fish Fry at Hansen Bay will be held only once a month. I'm not sure of the date of the next one, but it will be either a Saturday or a Sunday in about a month from now. I will let you know what I am able to find out. Not sure how things turned out at the new spot yesterday. We didn't stay since we were loaded up with the kayak and son and were ready for the beach. BUT, the good thing is you can go to the new spot and get some really good food and drink almost all of the time. So be sure to check them out. Will let you know the date of next Fish Fry at Hansen Bay!!!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Party Update!

Please do post about the next party. We will be on island the 28th and would like to attend, no matter the location

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Party Update!

We will be there on the 28th as well. Would love to attend.

bethesda, md
Level Contributor
406 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Party Update!

Thanks Julie

We'll be there Feb 6-14, and would love to join in.

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
500 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Party Update!

Hi Julie. Thank you for posting these updates............this sounds like a fun, island experience and I would like to attend as well. We arrive on 2/25 for 10 days, so I am hoping our arrival will coincide somehow with the beach party.

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Party Update!

I am pretty sure the next one will be Feb 27 or 28, I will let you know when it is closer to the date!

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
500 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Party Update!

Thanks very much..............appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Bonnie

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Party Update!

Sunday February 28th!!! It will be at Hansen Bay Campground. Hope you can make it if you are on island. It's been tooooo long since the last one!

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Party Update!

Yay!! What time does it start?

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
763 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Party Update!

Never mind, I read your other post. Sounds like it starts around 1. Thanks!!

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
500 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Party Update!

Thank you Julie. We arrive on St. John 2/25th for 9 days..............can't wait! We definitely want to go to this beach party - sounds like a good time. Thank you for taking the time to post the update. Is Hansen's easy to find, and is the start time still 1 p.m.?