We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just arrived on island

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
312 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Just arrived on island

TPA to ATL to STT. Friend picked us up and off to Red Hook for the 4pm ferry to STJ. Have to say the roads to Red Hook are so much better than last June - signs everywhere announcing the spending of the "Stimulus package" we all wondered where the $$ went up north.!! Heaven on earth when the toes hit the sand in Cruz....stopped for a couple of rum punches at High Tides -Jen #2 was there and caught up with her and her happy news, to Starfish for essentials - Oreos and chips (Delta didn't lose our cooler this time and send it to St Croix!!) and to the most perfect house....

To all of you who aren't here, .... it's 84 degrees, slight breeze, 3/4 moon over Coral Bay, Soper's Hole, Tortola is all aglow, crickets are singing, - don't hear the tree frogs yet, but saw 8 cows for the first time around Gift Hill - don't know how we missed them before?..... The"circle" is still under construction, StarFish looks great and was fully stocked.(figure a couple of dollars more than the States for everything and you'll be prepared., they have painted some arrows on the lane(s) of Centerline "up" and "down", but other than that, it's the same incredible, quiet, beauriful, island. that we all love and can't wait to get back to.

We're off in search of a parking spot at Gibney in the morning. Fell in love with that beach awhile back and can't wait to get into the azure blue water. -and see the "aquarium" below.

To all the people who are stressing about all of your arrangements for your trip - just relax...when you get here you will relax- it's so amazing and so comfortable. It truely is a piece of heaven.....

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,674 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just arrived on island

Sounds Perfect!!!

NH
Level Contributor
847 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just arrived on island

Enjoy your time on the island and have a safe trip

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just arrived on island

Wonderful start!! What perfect house are you staying in? Tell us more. I love Gibney too. I've decided it's my favorite beach on the island.

long island ny
Level Contributor
199 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just arrived on island

lucky you !! as we northerners are waiting to see if going to get hit with another big n'oreaster this wknd.

Enjoy and keep on relaxin.

St. John
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just arrived on island

Have a great time!!!

I can't wait - will be there in 16 days!!!!!

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,658 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Just arrived on island

Welcome back :) Hope you had a great day

Pia

pa
Level Contributor
602 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just arrived on island

you put me in the "st. john state of mind." i'll be there in may and CAN'T WAIT. a friend who's never been to st. john will be coming with me, and it'll be different seeing the beautiful island through a "virgin's eyes!" i know she'll love it. my hubby's so jealous. tipsyq - you're correct. i live in pittsburgh, and we're gearing up for the snow. ah, if it was only sand instead!

PA
Level Contributor
205 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just arrived on island

Loved this post, and am selfishly hoping you'll post again before you come home!! It makes me feel like I could be there myself!! Gibney is one of my daughters favirote beaches. We made friends with a sweet German Shepherd on that beach last time we were there. Great place to watch the sunset!!

By the way have a double stuffed oreo for me!!

NE Arkansas
Level Contributor
366 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just arrived on island

I'm jealous! We just left there mid January, and every day I think about my next trip back. I'm hoping someday I'll never have to leave! Enjoy it for us. Looking forward to more reports from you!

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
415 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just arrived on island

Sounds like heaven! Enjoy and keep us updated! We need to hear good news amid all the snow!