We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip choice

Level Contributor
634 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
day trip choice

i've been to st. john twice - my friend never. where do you recommend that we go for a day trip - water island, st. thomas, virgin gorda, or tortola?

Level Contributor
306 posts
462 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip choice

My recommendation would be Jost Van Dyke! White Bay was my favorite beach. You could maybe do a BVI daytrip and hit Virgin Gorda and Tortola too.

Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,557 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip choice

I think it would help to know what activities you are interested in doing on your day trip.

My favorite day trip is a private charter going to VG (The Baths) in the morning and Jost Van Dyke (White Bay, Foxy's and Sandy Spit) in the afternoon. Or, just hanging out on White Bay all day is about as fun and relaxing as it gets. I always like to throw in a visit to Sandy Spit which is my idea of idyllic.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip choice

I agree that it depends on what you are interested in doing. The last time we were there, we took a day trip to St. Thomas because we wanted to experience the shopping in Charlotte Amalie. This time around, we are thinking about going to Virgin Gorda to visit the Baths.

Remember that you will need a passport to go to Virgin Gorda, Tortola, or Jost Van Dyke, so that might make a difference for you.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
4. Re: day trip choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 06:20