We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Bay View Cottage

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Level Contributor
22 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Two Bay View Cottage

Hi -- Has anyone stayed at the Two Bay View cottage? Is it nice? Did you enjoy your stay? Thanks!!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,724 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two Bay View Cottage

I have not stayed there but am familiar with the location, although it has been several years since I was there. It is a quick drive to town and if I am not mistaken, the driveway is a bit tricky.

My only concern with the property is the view, you do get views of 2 bays, but they are just bays and not open water and I am an open water view person.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two Bay View Cottage

I also considered this cottage, thinking it looked really nice. But then I read a review of someone who stayed there and said even though the view was nice, you did not face out into the open sea. They said the next time they visited St John, they would opt for a villa that had more of a sea view vs. a bay view. I just came back and stayed at a villa that had a 180 ocean (and BVI view), and loved it.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
22 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two Bay View Cottage

Thanks so much for writing back!

Tinkerbelldee -- Any recommendations on other cottages??

Tomtravel -- Can you tell me where you stayed?

Thanks!

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two Bay View Cottage

We stayed at 'Fair Winds and Following Seas' in Coral Bay. I have pictures if you want them.

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,724 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two Bay View Cottage

When are you traveling?

What is your budget?

How many bedrooms do you need?

What must you have? pool? AC?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
22 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two Bay View Cottage

Traveling at the end of May....2 adults. We're pretty flexible. Would be nice to be able to walk to the beach, but hear that's pretty much impossible to get on St. John. So, not a necessity if it's going to cost hundreds more. Don't want to be far from a beach though -- few minutes drive.

Pool would be nice, not a must have. Really just a clean, open place with a kitchen, a/c, and hot showers :) Budget -- less that $1400 for the week would be preferrable.

rochester, ny
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Two Bay View Cottage

we are considering fair winds cottage for 2 couples. would be interested in your detailed feedback and pictures.

we want 2BR and 2 baths, but beyond that we are looking for a simple, clean spot. we plan on spending most time out, and won't be cooking much beyond breakfast/lunch.

is "neighborhood" good? also, my wife is not fan of cliffhanger type places.

we've stayed twice overlooking john's folly, once on east end. i'm familiar with shipwreck, miss lucy's etc.

thanks for your help

8. Re: Two Bay View Cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 05:16