We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruz Bay Prime

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cruz Bay Prime

Last night the hubby and I ate at Cruz Bay Prime. I was pleasantly surprised! I really liked the location. I've always been hesitant to go to the Westin for a meal, but I'm glad that we decided to go. I really liked how open and cramped everything was. Even though there was a party and other diners it almost seemed like we were all alone. The service was outstanding. To me, service is what matters most. Our waiter was very attentive, knowledgeable about the menu, and just a nice guy. He is fairly new to island so it was fun for me to talk to him about how he is liking life on St. John.

Ok, for the menu...a bit on the pricey side (but most places are here). One thing that I really liked about the menu is that the "side" items are separate from the entree and they are served family style. We chose two and shared and still had lots of food we had to bring home. Another thing about the menu that was cool is that they had a choice of either Maine or Caribbean (when available) lobster. The menu worked great for us because the husband is a pescetarian and I like a good steak. There were plenty of choices for both of us.

I would definitely go back again!

Hamilton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
425 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruz Bay Prime

Thanks Julie for your thoughts on Cruz Bay Prime. We always appreciate your input on things in St John and we were wondering how this new restaurant would fair.

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruz Bay Prime

I'm confused by the description of "open and cramped". Can you explain??

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruz Bay Prime

Thanks for the review; we're thinking of trying it when we're down next month. What's the dress code? Do I need a dress or can I get by with a skort? Does hubby need slacks, or will shorts and a collared shirt do?

Thanks.

Lori

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruz Bay Prime

Sorry! I typed UN-Cramped. Spell check must have changed it since it isn't really a word. ;-) It was very open...unlike most of the other restaurants in town.

For the dress code, I'm not sure if they have one in place. I wore a casual dress and the hubby was in jeans and a long sleeve button down. I didn't really notice the other diners. Shorts and a collared shirt would be suitable I would think.

Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruz Bay Prime

Can you let us know what you actually ordered? Trying to find a menu from them...Thanks!

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruz Bay Prime

Thanks for the review, Julie! I was interested in this place, especially after reading the St. John Sun Times Review of it: http://www.stjohnsuntimes.com/Cruz+Bay+Prime%3A+Prime+Time

7. Re: Cruz Bay Prime

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 05:16