We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May ?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in May ?

It seems that St. Johns averages 3.5-3.86 inches of rain in May. Does anyone know if this is continuous rain all day or does it just last for an hour or two? Does it rain daily for x days?

Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May ?

Actually, the long-term average where I live is about 4.30 inches for the month.

May is the most variable month of the year here--that average is among everything from very dry to very wet Mays-- roughly a third of each and a third around the average. It can come all in a few hours, once in a while we have a system that hangs around for 3-4 days, but that's fairly rare--I remember maybe 5 or 6 Mays like that in more decades than I'd care to admit.

daisytown
Level Contributor
621 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May ?

We have been to St John 4 times all in early to mid May. Our luck ran out last year. It rained everyday we were there somedays on and off all day. Did we enjoy our week yes, but the weather really did affect our vacation. Next year we are going in June , no more May for me.

Nancy

Holland, MI
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May ?

Usually you get showers that pass over the islands and move on by quickly. Last May was a soaker for the first 2 weeks. Rain Rain Rain Four or five years ago we spent the first 2 weeks on Tortola and it rained for a little more than a week when a weather system stalled over the islands and rained and rained and rained. These events are indeed unusual and we're hoping that this year won't repeat last years pattern. In short, you never know what will develop and you just have to go with the flow and hope for the best.

4. Re: Weather in May ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 06:18