We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Pre-trip report

Which St. John hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
My Pre-trip report

After many months of planning, we leave tomorrow morning. You would think that someone that used to live on island would not act like a little kid on Christmas morning, but that is not the truth. Every trip we plan to STJ is exciting!

We shipped a box ahead because we are carry on people but... our well traveled carry on busted a handle when I was pulling it out of the closet and with little time and even less patience, we decided that we would pack one suitcse for the 2 of us and check it. I really hate waiting at the baggage claim when all I want to do is get to STJ, but that is what we are doing. We did each pack a suit and one outfit in our carry on, just in case.

We are booked with Capt John for a BVI trip on Saturday and we are planning to be at the Beach Bar on Sunday. Those are our only plans. There will be many forum folks on island; from TA and the VIOL forum. Many of us have been in contact, thinking about getting together, but my husband and I have decided that we will try and get together by chance but will not make any solid plans.

The majority of the trip will be introducing our friend to the island. I know she will get it from the moment we get off the ferry, so it will be that much more fun for me.

I will be back with a trip report, I hope that I can remember to jot down my thoughts each day but that rum fog can be tough sometimes! :)

Have a great week!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Pre-trip report

I think it is awesome that you are still so excited! We are planning our 15th anniversary trip and I am more excited about it, by a factor of at least 10x, than I have been about the past trips.

Have a great trip!

NH
Level Contributor
847 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: My Pre-trip report

I know you will have a great trip- wishing you safe travels!!!

PA
Level Contributor
205 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Pre-trip report

Have a fabulous time!!! When you come back and write your trip report, don't forget to indicate when we should take into consideration the "rum fog"!!

Silver Spring, MD
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My Pre-trip report

Wishing you safe travels and fair winds and following seas on your trip to BVI on Saturday. Much appreciation to you and many others on the forum for your helpful advice on various topics that are all things St. John. It makes planning for a first time trip to STJ a whole lot easier! Relax and enjoy...hope your friend likes it as much as you and your husband do!

Shellseeker ~ June '10

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Pre-trip report

Tinkerbell,

I've been doing the vacation dance for over a week. My hubby finally admitted last night that he was excited too. Our flight leaves in 16 hours 30 minutes!!!! Can you tell I'm excited?!!!!! Trip #18 dance~~dance~~dance~~

Hopefully catch up with you on Sunday.

dance~~dance~~dance~~

Edited: 21 April 2010, 17:11
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Pre-trip report

If I could get over to STJ on Sunday I would but it's another working day for me so I'll wait for your trip report to vicariously savor it all, Have a safe trip and a great stay! Cheers, and may the rum fog prevail!

7. Re: My Pre-trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 07:18