We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Housewives of New York

Hoffman Estates, IL
Level Contributor
515 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Housewives of New York

Yes, I know.....but its a bit of a guilty pleasure, watching all the drama unfold on the Bravo series Housewives of New York City. But how cool it was to see the ladies land on the north shore of STJ in Peter Bay. Its been fun watching the episodes and spotting some of our favorite spots on the island. Anybody else out there watching the reruns now?

florence, sc
Level Contributor
88 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Housewives of New York

yes but it is sad that they give those childish crazies all the coverage with the beautiful St. John just as back ground...they are nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hollis, NH
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Housewives of New York

oh well....I commented on the other forum....it's really the dumbest show I've ever seen, a bunch of vain rich women in NYC.....the last day on STJ they spent getting their nails done on their deck, give me a break.....I had never seen the show, watched it when we heard it was on STJ.....and I can say I'll never watch it again....wish they'd stop calling STJ St. Johns.....

Hoffman Estates, IL
Level Contributor
515 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Housewives of New York

Its become a joke in my house....every time they called it St. Johns, I would cringe and my husband would just snicker. Yes, vain and shallow women for sure.

NC
Level Contributor
812 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Housewives of New York

Just a shame they have to come and pollute STJ - they are disgusting, low class - they think way too much of themselves than they should - its also very sad that they have air time and people waste time watching the trash! Sorry, but they're just a mess!

Randolph NJ
Level Contributor
398 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Housewives of New York

Which villa did they stay at in Peter Bay? Just curious.

Louisville
Level Contributor
426 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Housewives of New York

I saw some of this as my wife had the show on as a "guilty pleasure". What a bunch of nauseating people they are...they might as well have been on a boat on the Gowanus Canal. They are such shallow people they probably didn't notice the beautiful surroundings, too busy bitching about their petty little lives. That is a serious waste of time on St. John...

Hoffman Estates, IL
Level Contributor
515 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Housewives of New York

They were at Presidio de Mar in Peter Bay.

pa
Level Contributor
617 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Housewives of New York

this is how low that american television has sunk, i guess . . .

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Housewives of New York

Hi Pattyatips,

I too am guilty of watching, but worse yet I watch all the housewives series. My husband calls them The Real House Hoes. As much as he made fun of me for watching them, one night he sat down and like a car wreck couldn't look away. He now watches them with me.

Loved, loved , loved seeing the STJ scenery. Will never understand how anyone could be in such a magnifcent location and fail to enjoy it. The snorkeling scene really cracked me up , thankfully for the reefs and their inhabitants it was apparently short lived and not repeated.

Enjoy your guilty pleasure, its better than soaps or springer(now this is a show that feeds off human misery and thats appalling).

Lisa, NJSU

Hoffman Estates, IL
Level Contributor
515 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Housewives of New York

Thanks Lisa, I was beginning to get a complex from the other posts. Not saying I don't agree with the comments. But I am guilty of the "car wreck" syndrome......can't look away. I nearly jumped off the couch when they said they were going to "St. Johns" (ugh) and when they pulled up to the villa I about died. We were fortunate enough to stay right next door several years ago in Peter Bay and I have been in Presidio de Mar so it was cool to see it. Had to laugh when Sonia didn't want to ruin her "good hair day" to go snorkeling.....when we are there it is hard to get me out of the water. My hubbie calls it magic waters. Anyhow, couldn't agree more about enjoying the scenery. Started checking airfares again after the first airing of the episode.